Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

Is this a bug or feature?

I just got the FSX SE and love that multiplayer is back and that the game is stabalized. I noticed while playing in multiplayer and I have pressed Q to turn the engine sound off, it turns off the voices as well. Now i am 100% positive we were able to do that in the old FSX where we could hear voices with Q being pressed and so I am wondering if there is a button or feature I need to turn on or is it just my sim has broke. My smoke trail effects and touch down effects dont work as well, anyone else have that problem?

Nick Hesler

Pretty sure that is a "mute" feature and turns off all sound including voices.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Pretty sure that is a "mute" feature and turns off all sound including voices.

Yes I know its a mute button but I was sure in the old version of FSX we were anle to hear voices when it was activated.

Nick Hesler

"Q" turns off everything for me, including voices. Too bad my wife doesn't have that feature.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

"Q" turns off everything for me, including voices. Too bad my wife doesn't have that feature.....

Doug

Same here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It was close to midnight and Paddy was driving home from the pub when the constable pulled him over.

Ya been to the pub, Paddy, the constable asked?

Indeed I have, replied Paddy!

Did you have quite a few pints?

I did pretty good, says Paddy!

Well, did you know your wife, Colleen, fell out of the car a few miles back?

Oh, thank God, hiccuped Paddy, for a while there I thought I'd gone deaf!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ...........

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Doug

I wear headphones while simming - my wife thinks I don't hear her because I'm flying - little does she know the sim is muted <g>.