Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Citation II very soon

Posted on Carenado's Twitter today.

Can't wait. Love Citations!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I just wish they would have made a VC compatible with the Flight 1 GTN or Mindstar GNS, which are better than the poorly modeled, hardly functional, FMS with no current navdata.

Kinda like this

Honestly, Twharrel, I could care less if the Citation avionics are exactly like a real world one. It's a sub-$50 add-on for a videogame. ;)

I just like flying and have an interest in Business jets...especially ones that look as good as Carenado's.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

What's your source quoting the lack of FMC functionality?

It's the same FMS that was used in the B1900. 

Honestly, Twharrel, I could care less if the Citation avionics are exactly like a real world one. It's a sub-$50 add-on for a videogame. ;)

I just like flying and have an interest in Business jets...especially ones that look as good as Carenado's.

I too like business jets, but I also care that the avionics work.  Part of the enjoyment of flying (for me at least), is to fly an accurate flight plan and shoot real approaches. Why model an FMS (which I know has been added to some C550's) that is half functional, when you can just integrate the Flight 1 GTN (also added to many C550's), which is 100x better than their FMS?

To me it just seems like a bad decision to put an FMS in 2 of the most popular aircraft (the B1900D and C550) that, in the real world, are retrofitted with more GPS units than FMS's.  I like Carenado, and I love the fact that they integrate optional 3rd party GPS units from RXP and Flight 1.  Doing so targets folks like me, who like to fly real flight plans, and folks like Ark, who could care less and just want to fly around. So, unless you plan to create a mostly functional FMS that can use Navigraph or Navdata Pro, why even do it? Those who want to jump in and go don't even want an FMS, and those of us who do like them want one that actually works. Carenado's FMS is a waste, really, as it targets neither customer.

I hear ya', but I loves me some business jets. Lol

Ark

Well, the C550 is one of my all-time favorite jets, and it'll be tough to not buy this one for the looks alone.  Although, I will wait and see what others say first.

Kind of strange.... Really thought we would see the Citation for Christmas based on their previous posts. Not a peep or Facebook post from Carenado since Christmas. They posted new photos of the Navajo, but never updated their website to reflect them...... Very out of the norm for them. Hope they are OK? 

Best, Jeff

I've forgiven them the abnormality with the excuse of it being the Christmas period. Though I am hoping to hear something soon, money is ready and waiting for the Citation!

Just noticed they removed it from the upcoming projects page, should be any day now.

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+