Sign in to follow this  
thepitts

IXEG Failure modes

Does anyone know if the upcoming IXEG 737 (and for that matter already available LES SAAB) have realistic failure modes with correct  subsequent effects on aircraft / remaining systems and correct response to non normal checklists,

Thanks TIM

They have actually posted a video or two that you can see that they have a menu for failures with many options.

Hi guys.  When the product ships, we will have the basic failure menu you see on the videos, manualy actuated at first.  All failures cascade properly as we simulate the electrical buses themselves...electronic relays and some internal switching like the wheel ground sensor.  So for example, if a component (sensor or gauge) is hooked up to the AC electronic bus and that bus fails....then that instrument will go down...and if a sensor or relay, that will go down and cascade further.   Same for hydraulic power systems.   There are a few default x-plane failures that will work and we will go over this in the documentation.

After release, we will look into a more comprehensive 'failure mangement system' where we can initiate MTBF criteria...part wear, etc.  Because we coded the simulation around modeled parts at a very low level. (switches, relays, light bulbs), the sky is the limit for failures.  We feel the time we put into this using engineering style modeling will create a superior flight sim experience.

Tom Kyler

IXEG

Thanks for the replies one and all;. exactly what I wanted to hear. Merry Christmas to all involved in the IXEG 737. Looking forward to the release of your labour of love whenever that maybe .

TIM

Jan, our expert airline captain just posted a video demonstrating some of the cascading effects of a failure...in this case, an engine fire.

TK

Engine Fire #2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Yes haha, and I wonder how many will actually use that failure modelling?

Not me that's for sure but I do admire the attention to detail.

Hopefully though release will come before our sun goes nova. Fingers crossed.

I remember what seemed like miles of wire, and thousands of connections for my small home built. Very time consuming. And these guys have to program all of those connections for an airliner. More than my brain could even think of handling....

Interesting videos. I can finally watch them in high def full screen.

The intent is not to model the failures themselves, but rather proper operation that works because of the way the thing is engineered.  The only way to simulate a system that operates like the real system is to program it like the real system.  A consequence of that process is that failures comes along for the ride....fail a component and the same type of effects happens.  Its  a "two for one" as it were.  We are not, then, spending "undue time" programming failures, extending the release schedule for features barely noticed.  The failures simply highlight the accuracy of the simulation itself, which makes normal operation that much more satisfying.   We'll see the release this year I'm confident...sooner rather than later barring some catastrophe.  We are making excellent progress on the FMS and laboring heavily as of late.

Tom Kyler

We'll see the release this year I'm confident...sooner rather than later barring some catastrophe.  We are making excellent progress on the FMS and laboring heavily as of late.

Keep up the great work Tom & co, it's a labour of love I'm sure!

When you say "this year", you did mean next year (2015) right? 

Whoa. Hugely impressive videos. Day one purchase for me, no doubt about that. Just wish they release it soon... ;)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

When you say "this year", you did mean next year (2015) right?

DOH...indeed!