Sign in to follow this  
ricktorbe

Have you heard the news ?

Warning: Please be advised that this is a serious topic.    

I received a message yesterday that FSX is now selling for $4.00... $4.00... Guys that's a once in a life time deal.

So, I suggest we all get off our P3D and move back to FSX...why? Well, cause it's only $4.00 (four dollars). 

That's right the same FSX you've known for many years with the same issues, now  steaming for only $4.00, ladies and gentlemen... did I say Four Dollars? LoL

Hummm, I wonder if they'll bring FS 2002 at this price?  If they do, we should then move to FS 2002.

Of course, I'm being evilly sarcastic. Like in my days of  'incredulous' I asked "Why P3d" and many replied-and explained- why.

Today, like many of you, I can confidently say the same, as well:

" Once You Try P3D, You Will Never Want To Go Back to FSX" (Even if it was free or @ $4.00)    :lol: 

And this my friend is no motto-  It's a Fact !

GALD TO BE HERE !

I understand where you are coming from, but in my opinion it is good, that FSX came out on such popular gaming platform and will attract more users.

More users = more cash flow for 3d parties = better products.

Everyone will benefit from this  :rolleyes: .

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I understand the only changes were to make it work on Steam and some changes to multi-player.  I have no plans to go back but it appears that this can do nothing but help the market overall.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

If you read their changelog all they've done is add a few tweaks that we already use, HIGHMEMFIX and UIAutomationcore. Other than that they've fixed some MP issues that were specific to Steam.

So I doubt that they've "improved" FSX at all. However, it is a new platform and I'm sure many new FSX users will come from it. Which means that many new P3D users will come from them!

Win-win.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So I doubt that they've "improved" FSX at all

I believe one will notice that the FS:SE performance is much better than FSX and far far better than P3D.

If it widens the exposure to our fun hobby than I am all for it.  Have enough copies of FSX to last a lifetime so no need to add this version for me.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Ah, but the sword of sarcasm has double edges.  Your comment with a couple of edits:

I received a message yesterday that FSX is now selling for $199.00... $199.00... Guys that's a once in a life time deal.

So, I suggest we all get off our FSX and move on to P3D...why? Well, cause it's only $199.00 (One Hundred ninety-nine dollars).

Not trying to start a war... just pointing out that multiple options at multiple price points is probably a good thing.  If/When P3D goes 64-bit, I'll probably be the first in line.

I believe one will notice that the FS:SE performance is much better than FSX and far far better than P3D.

Absolutely a true fact. I'm seeing on average a +20% increase in fps on a somewhat less capable computer than my sim computer, and that's with absolutely zero 'tweaks' aside from what DTG has added by default.

Nearly everyone should know by now how poorly the XML G1000 gauges run in FSX:MS (box version). Well on FSX:SE there is no frame rate hit at all. Fact.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Probably not, it's the same old program with some tweaks and fixes. It will run way better than your standard FSX only as long as you don't install any of the addons you use with your standard installation to it. 

What addons are being run N4Gix running at this time?  So when one is done bogging down their new SE installation with all the terrain goodies,  AI traffic and a resource intensive aircraft, does he think that it will still hold true that there is a major performance increase? 

Probably not, it's the same old program with some tweaks and fixes. It will run way better than your standard FSX only as long as you don't install any of the addons you use with your standard installation to it. 

Ohhh,  Bingo was his name!  You beat me to it. I was about to say the same.

Add the exact same add-ons  you currently have on your desktop, then you can compare both products more accurately.

Add the exact same add-ons  you currently have on your desktop, then you can compare both products more accurately.

I think we all know the answer to that one  :good:

Rich Sennett

A resounding, 'Whoopdeedoo...'

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X