Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

Hi,

The OPT works after editing the dll.xml (sample dll.xml included in the SDK Mission Creation folder) so that the complete path to the dll is shown.

The newest version of Autothumbnail works fine.

AICarriers does not work.  All sorts of Java errors.

After a recent FSX install, with unlimited fps, I was getting a low of about 65fps in a moderately complex area.  With FSX:SE in a slightly less complex area I was getting a low of about 85fps.  Too early to say anything definitive but it looks promising.  Same scenery settings by the way.

Replaced the new Standard.xml with my existing and all settings work fine.

Jim F.

F1 GEX (Ground Environment X) Series:  USA, Europe, AME, etc

Don't work due to GUI FSX location lockdown:  The installation for GEX itself isn't to FSX anyway, it's an indepdent folder in C:\  ........ but when attempting to enable any regions in the GUI, it is 'locked' to the physical location for standard FSX, and cannot be changed to the FSX-SE location.

Theoretically, and as long as you keep your hands off the configuration tools, you should be able to move UTX from an existing installation to the Steam installation. Copying the UT folders and files from "FSX\Scenery" to the respective Steam Edition folder is the easiest part. Adding them, either manually via scenery.cfg or with the scenery library, to FSXSE is doable as well.

The more tricky part is moving over the entries in "FSX\terrain.cfg", but as long as the default FSX Acceleration and FSXSE .cfgs do not differ, FSXSE's .cfg can simply be overwritten by the one with the UT entries in it.

Will test this and other stuff once FSUIPC got updated.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I purchased the SE version.  I went ahead and purchased Ultimate Terrain X Version 2.0 as well from the Flight1 store.  I got excited because I was reading on here REX was working so I figure I would purchase UTX now and then REX later.  Anyway UTX doesnt work.  

Hopefully they fix it.

I'm happy to report that ALL installers from FSDT have been updated to support FSX Steam Edition, both when installed alone, and in combination with an existing FSX installation.

There's no reactivation involved, just re-download all the installers you need from our site.

I'm sending Flightbeam and Qualitywings (757 only) their own installer now.

Good work Umberto, thank you

********************************************************************************************************

Looks like it will be many weeks if not months for PMDG to update installers. According to them, they want to finish there current development.

There is no legal things to address with the steam edition, but is still going to take an extremely long time.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great thread.

All of these should still work fine. You might have to manually create an FSX:SE profile in Nvidia Inspector though, just browse for the new executable in the FSX:SE installation folder and add it to Nvidia Inspector.

Yeah I'm not seeing FSX SE on Inspector. 

I'm happy to report that ALL installers from FSDT have been updated to support FSX Steam Edition, both when installed alone, and in combination with an existing FSX installation.

There's no reactivation involved, just re-download all the installers you need from our site.

I'm sending Flightbeam and Qualitywings (757 only) their own installer now.

Wonderful Umberto!!!! Thank you! 

From Damian at HiFI

Quote: "Hi all,

Currently the recently released Steam edition is not compatible with ASN. ASN for FSX requires FSX Standard, Deluxe or Gold DVD editions.

We are working on a potential near-term solution and will have more news on this soon.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I purchased the SE version.  I went ahead and purchased Ultimate Terrain X Version 2.0 as well from the Flight1 store.  I got excited because I was reading on here REX was working so I figure I would purchase UTX now and then REX later.  Anyway UTX doesnt work.  

Hopefully they fix it.

Hi Wedge,

Unfortunately REX is nothing to do with UTX.  REX is an external utility that simply places textures and sounds in to your FSX installation, and as such works straightforwardly with FSX Steam Edition.

Flight 1 have a habit of making a big deal of new sim releases, taking a long time to consider whether they will support etc.   When P3D was released they stated they would not support it - they're just now starting to warm to P3D.

I honestly doubt very much whether they will change installers etc, solely to make their products work with FSX Steam Edition.    I think it's more likely that if they are going to support FSX Steam Edition, that they'll sell separate versions for it, on STEAM.

Anyway, one great thing about buying from Flight 1 is that they have a no quibble 30 day refund policy, so seeing as you're unable to use your UTX purchases with FSX Steam Edition at this time, you could certainly get a full refund for them.    Just drop them an email if you decide to go that route, and they'll send you a form.

These work for me ( and on Win 8.1):

all ORBX stuff except object flow. I have not installed Vans RV4.

TrackIR

Saitek X65F joystick system (no dropouts so far)

OpusFSI

Every add-on aircraft where the installer is capable of pointing to the FSX-SE main folder. I have Carenado, A2A , Aerosoft (Twotter, A318/9, F14), Dino C's aircraft. I haven't tried to install DodoSim and I don't have any PMDG planes. I can't say that I've carefully tested every aspect of all these planes, but they do seem to behave about the same as in FSX Gold.

GSX

UTX 2 USA

UTX Xtreme Cities

REX TD 4 and REX 3 Essentials Plus with Overdrive

Doesn't work:

TacPack

ASN

FSGRW

FSUIPC

Really not much and probably mostly SimConnect version conflicts.

CTDs:

One so far, with the default flight using the default C172. The R6025 pure virtual function call error. But that's not bad considering this is the initial release of FSX-SE.

The irony here is I wanted to use FSX-SE just for TacPack, at least until the P3d version comes out. Maybe I missed it, but does the DX10Fixer work? As long as I can't use TacPack (which is only DX9), I might as well go back to using DX10 which looks a lot better.

Hi,

Both FSX and FSX:SE save flight plans in a common folder.

"Flights" are saved in separate folders.

John Venema, ORBX CEO, sees little benefit of having a dual installation and, as such, updating their software to support this is seen as a "worst case scenario".

Jim F.

Maybe I missed it, but does the DX10Fixer work?

Yes

Nothing special. Do you have both FSX versions installed or just FSX-SE?

Hey guys ill just chip in here, all our A2A Aircraft, from the relaxed realism Aircraft factory type to the complex simconnect and outside programming Accu-sim work in FSX Steam. Just make sure you point the installer in the right place, if not sure of the correct place in Steam as it is a bit hidden Ive posted instructions are on our forums with a quick screen shot.

As of this post Accu-feel v2 works but needs a slight edit to the XML file, copy/paste job dead easy, again any issues please see our forums. 3D Lights currently not able to work due to installer issue but we are going to get a new installer for this old favorite.

Any questions about our stuff ask me here, on our forums or on the steam group ill mention below and i'll do my best to help you out.

All users are welcome to join our steam group here where we will be posting some updates etc; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/A2ASimulationsFSX and we will hopefully see you in the all new multi-player skies soon.

cheers,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations