Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

The developer will have to create or modify their installer to allow for seamless FSX:SE integration.

The same answer I gave!!

The same answer I gave!!

Maybe, but Fr Bill used a bit more finesse.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What are you 12 ???   :rolleyes:

He is not funny anymore Matthew, in fact he gets a kick out of putting his sarcastic remarks to well meaning posts for self gratification.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Carl,

Please check posts 63 and 71 in this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsx-on-steam-compatibility.432460/page-4

Jim F.

EDIT: I forgot to indicate who I was responding to.

Thanks JIm for the info. I will have to be patient and wait to see how all this shakes out. I am enjoying FSX so I sure don't want to do something stupid that will make both of them have problems.  The odd thing on trying to install the Carenado, I pointed it to FSX-SE folder in steam.  It appeared to install but when I went to the FSX folder there was no evidence that it actually installed in Sim Objects etc.  

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, everyone,

I want to report that I succeeded in installing the Level-D 767 in FSX:SE.  I have a dual setup.  I started the install file, and pointed it to the correct FSX:SE folder.  After install, I needed to copy the entry for the Level-D from the original FSX:MS DLL.XML file (in C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) to the FSX:SE DLL.XML file in  ...\FSX-SE .  You might want to back up your DLL.XML file in FSX:SE just to be on the safe side.

I did a loop around SFO and an autoland at R28R w/ no real issues except that I had to tell FSX to turn on my joystick.  Very smooth but no addon scenery yet and only default AI traffic at this point.

Also want to note that if your AI aircraft in FSX:MS are in a different folder than ...\Airplanes , you should be able to point your FSX:SE (in fsX_se.cfg) to that folder w/out copying over all the aircraft folders to FSX:SE.  Haven't tried it yet but should work, if you do copy your traffic bgls from FSX:MS Scenery\World\Scenery to the corresponding folder in FSX:SE. 

If you point FSX:SE to the Airplanes folder in FSX:MS (in FSX_se.cfg) you will have dual entries for all the default aircraft and have to acknowledge this for each one of them every time you try to select an aircraft.

Finally, you should be able to alias your add on repaints from the FSX:SE aircraft folders to the FSX:MS aircraft folders using the texture.cfg file for each repaint, instead of copying over all your added textures.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

What are you 12 ???  

Nope, 54!!

He is not funny anymore Matthew

"Laugh Often"

(Sorry, off topic)

Ultimate Traffic 2 Install for FSX-SE

Before install:

Files to be RENAMED:

Go to Steam\SteamApps\common FSX Folder:

Rename the FSXSEConfig to FSXConfig

Files to be RENAMED in hidden folders AppData\Roaming\Microsoft:

Rename FSX-SE main folder to FSX

Then rename fsx_se config file to fsx

Files to be RENAMED in hidden folder ProgramData\Microsoft on C: drive:

Rename the FSX-SE Folder found in Microsoft folder to FSX

Then install UT2.

Next run the UT2 exe and setup UT2 how you want it, update your settings, and exit.

Then go back and rename the above folders and the cfg back to their original names.

Hi Carl,

Referring to post 126 in this thread.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer as to how I installed the Seneca.  I pretty much followed what JRobinson suggested in post 63 of the thread I referenced.  Here's a bit more detail:

I started regedit.exe from the Start menu.  I next clicked as needed to get to "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0.

I exported this entire key to a file on my desktop ("File\Export...").

I next edited the "Setup Path in the right pane so that it pointed to my FSX:SE main folder.

I closed the registry and immediately attempted to install the Seneca.  I could see no on screen indication as to where it would be installed.

After installing I looked in the FSX:SE aiplanes folder and saw the Seneca.  I started the program, flew around for a bit to see if I could see any problems and quit FSX:SE.

I next double clicked the .reg file I had saved on the desktop to restore the key.

All seemed to go well.

When you say you pointed the installer to the FSX:SE folder that has be wondering; I don't recall seeing any indication as to where the Seneca would be installed.

Hope this helps.

Jim F.

Nope, 54!!

All good.....I'm not worried about it, enjoy your holidays Jim   B)

Matthew Kane

Jm thanks for the addtional input.  I will try to jump into your instructions tomorrow when I will be more refreshed.  As far as the Carenado installer, it pointed me for my typical installation to C:/MSFSX folder.  I browsed to move it to J:/steam library/steamapps/common/fsx.  It appeared the installer worked installing into the fsx folder (fsx-se). However that installation never showed up anywhere in steam although it completed and indicating "finished". The installer worked the same as you would be installing into FSX. Sorry if that may be a little confusing.  

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________