Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

I've had several reports confirming Ideal Flight 10 works perfectly with FSX-SE as-is, without the need for any adjustment or modification. The only requirements are that FSX-SE is installed standalone, and that any remnants of a previous FSX install are cleaned fully before attempting the install of FSX-SE, and the FSX-SP1 simconnect.msi should be installed from the FSX-SE SDK legacy interfaces folder.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I'm sorry, but why is OP banned?

Because using another account to circumvent a forum ban is against the rules. Let's just leave it at that.

...Ideal Flight 10 works perfectly with FSX-SE as-is...only requirements are that FSX-SE is installed standalone...

I have made a preview version of the next release [sh] available now (preview 02) from the site forum, New Builds section, bottom of the preview discussion. This version can run with FSX-SE even when installed parallel to FSX. Choose the FSX or FSX-SE installation location in the IF10 setup program. The setup program can also remove the UAC requirement from -SE - check the "remove admin required" menu item in the IF10 Setup popup menu before installing/updating.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

FlyTampa OMDB rebooted works well.

A_A Scenery VTBS is working fine.

EZDOK is working fine. Just one issue, when I create a custom view, the effects don't work for that view.

ASN is working fine. Just one issue with EZDOK compatibility, EZDOK did not work for me after I installed ASN, So I had to reinstall EZDOK after installing ASN and then it works, but it does not start up automatically anymore, I have to do it manually. 

UT2 works well.

Re EZDOK, have you tried the latest beta? 1.18.5 or 6.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Having recently installed FSX SE, I now have a number of issues that I did not have with FS9. I won't address everyone one of them at this moment but I need some direction on two of them. For the record, this is a clean install of SE. I never installed the original FSX.

First is with FSUIPC. I downloaded the newest version 4.939e I think, now lack the ability to make a mouse macro k  key or button assignments. Even though I set it up as previously in FS9, when I try to make a macro nothing appears on the screen when I mouse click a function. This has also affected my FS9 FSUIPC function as I cannot create a macro in that sim now. I am able to assign several functions via FSUIPC in the SE version but not able to create a macro but unable to assign other functions.

Second issue. I use TrackIr. If I don't use the Trackir, the POV hat switch and the view change button work just fine. I can move the view ahead or back, raise the eye point or lower it, Once I engage Tracker I am unable to change the view or use the pan feature. This too has affected the FS9 version. If I remove the sensors from my hat, those buttons work just fine.

Those are two of the most frustrating situations at the moment. I hope someone can help with these two issues.

BTW, I'm getting 65+ FPS even though I set the limit to 30.

Thanks,

Jim D.

First is with FSUIPC. I downloaded the newest version 4.939e I think, now lack the ability to make a mouse macro k  key or button assignments.

Mouse macro making works in FSX-SE perfectly well, but very very few add-on aircraft, and hardly any gauges in default aircraft, support this method. Mouse macros can only be made for gauges written to the original Microsoft gauge SDK. Nearly all new aircraft for FSX and many for FS9 never did that. Many FSX aircraft have XML gauges and you may find L:Vars more useful.

Even though I set it up as previously in FS9, when I try to make a macro nothing appears on the screen when I mouse click a function.

That simply means the click position is not in a gauge written to the MS gauge SDK. It does NOT mean the facility does not work as intended!

This has also affected my FS9 FSUIPC function as I cannot create a macro in that sim now.

Well there is absolutely nothing connecting anything in FSX-SE with anything in FS9! FSUIPC is completely contained only within the Modules folder in its specific FS installation and has no tentacles or files or anything else beyond that installation! If you can't make a specific mouse macro in FS9 then you never could.

I am able to assign several functions via FSUIPC in the SE version but not able to create a macro but unable to assign other functions.

You can always create macros, you just need an editor and reference documents (like the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide). Mouse macros are just one specific instance of the much wider subject of macros.

What "other functions" can't you assign? FSUIPC offers all of the controls FSX-SE provides plus many added ones. Maybe you are looking for non-existent functions, ones that never have been?

If you really want any help with FSUIPC, please post in my Support Forum.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks for the answers Pete. I will retest with an aircraft where I was able to create a macro in FS9, such as the iFLY 737 and others.

The other issue I have since using SE is with my Trackir.  It works fine but does not allow me to change views or use the POV switch to use thepan view. If I remove the sensors from being 'seen' by tracker, view change works and so does panning. Put the sensors back in range, now view change or panning possible.

Jim D. 

Sorry, I didn't read my post very well before. I meant to say that after I put the sensors back in range, view change and panning is still not possible. This has also affected FS9 and I don't know why.

Jim D.

The other issue I have since using SE is with my Trackir.  It works fine but does not allow me to change views or use the POV switch to use thepan view. If I remove the sensors from being 'seen' by tracker, view change works and so does panning. Put the sensors back in range, now view change or panning possible.

Jim D. 

You cannot pan around with the hat switch when TrackIR is active (why do you want to do that?) since TrackIR is controlling the view [i thinkTrackIR blocks (traps) the panning commands when it is active]. However, if you pause TrackIR with the TrackIR Pause hot key, then you should be able to pan with the hat switch. In short, it is a "one or the other" type situation. At least that's how it works for me.

Al

Not sure if its mentioned but the PMDGjs41 works fine as long as its on a NON dual instal and the FSX.CFG has not been renamed to FSX-se.CFG

ZORAN

Not sure if its mentioned but the PMDGjs41 works fine as long as its on a NON dual instal and the FSX.CFG has not been renamed to FSX-se.CFG

Have you been able to get the IAS button to work?

So just to make sure I'm current, the 777 and Buses still aren't working w/ the beta?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home