Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

Have you been able to get the IAS button to work?

from memory  during the test flight I was able to command fs2crew to select IAS during the climb out. I will fly her again in the next few days and get back to you but pretty sure it worked ok

ZORAN

Al, I guess I didn't explain what I meant clearly enough about panning and Trackir. In FS9 I changed views with a button on the yoke. So when I was in the VC mode with Trackir and I clicked the button to change views, say for example to the outside view, I could then pan without having to pause Trackir. Now with SE, view will not change at all. I now need to do as you mention pause Trackir. Then it is possible to change views and pan. Maybe this is different in FSX from FS9.

Well, I'll adjust and thanks for the tip.

Jim D. 

Beware that there can be a bug with the new installer of AEROSOFT Madeira, which supports an option for FSX:SE, but causes scenery corruption when that option is chosen during the install process!

I've posted at the AEROSOFT forum here.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ultimate Terrain North America v2.  I was able to get UTX to work!

1. Go to FSX folder in SteamApps/Common and copy the Scenery.cfg file
2. Go to AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and open up the FSX-SE folder and paste the Scenery.cfg file in that folder.
3. Go back to the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and right clicked on the FSX-SE and rename this folder FSX.
4. Go into the newly renamed FSX folder and rename the fsx_se cfg file to fsx.
5. Direct the UTX install exe to the main FSX folder in SteamApps\common.
6. After install go into the Setup Tool and make changes.  
7. After everything is setup in UTX go back to rename the FSX folder found in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft directory to FSX-SE and also rename the fsx cfg back to fsx_se.

Now I'm trying to get GEX to install/work - no luck.  After install I get an Error 30.

Ultimate Terrain North America v2.  I was able to get UTX to work!

1. Go to FSX folder in SteamApps/Common and copy the Scenery.cfg file
2. Go to AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and open up the FSX-SE folder and paste the Scenery.cfg file in that folder.
3. Go back to the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and right clicked on the FSX-SE and rename this folder FSX.
4. Go into the newly renamed FSX folder and rename the fsx_se cfg file to fsx.
5. Direct the UTX install exe to the main FSX folder in SteamApps\common.
6. After install go into the Setup Tool and make changes.  
7. After everything is setup in UTX go back to rename the FSX folder found in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft directory to FSX-SE and also rename the fsx cfg back to fsx_se.

Now I'm trying to get GEX to install/work - no luck.  After install I get an Error 30.

HI.   I have tried these instructions, and UTX appears to install into FSX-SE (the files are in the scenery folder) but it doesn't actually work for my dual FSX-Box / FSX-SE system.

I am assuming that you were installing into a system that only has FSX-SE installed?

ANy idea what I can do to make the UTX features actually appear in game?

Thanks.

David Norman Paul

Ecosse_821

I unistalled FSX-Boxed version.  I am only using the FSX SE version.  I am sure by now the UTX devs have fixed these issues with installation and you do not have to go through what I previously posted back in Dec.  I know they fixed the GEX installation program.   I would go back to where you purchased UTX and check their forums - I also bet they have an updated installation exe file that will install everything properly into the Steam/FSX directory.

I tried and failed. How do you install FTX_GLOBAL and Orbix_Global Base to FSX:SE?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Installation completed. :Party:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Orbx and confirm aerosoft me FTX Global and Airbus A320 / 321 (latest edition) are compatible with FSX-SE, need confirmation of PMDG 737ngx

apologies for the translation