Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

Ariane Users - 737-700 Take-Off Help

Hello,(Please no bashing)I am having a problem with take-off, after take-off i pitch to about 15 deg and then i trim her out to match the FD bars, then i select NI folowed by LVL and CMD (autopilot engaged) then select 250 in the speed window, when i reach my 250 IAS the plane pitched up and down trying to maintain 250 IAS while climbing( goes from 247 - 250) this also happens in VNAV mode. Once in cruise everything is OK. but this pitching problem is driving me crazy!I sent Ariane an email, but they did'nt get back to me yet.Soo, Are any of you having the same problem? could you offer any tips to help me out?ThanksPaul

I'm not having this problem on my end but it sounds like your problem is do to you adjusting trim before you activate your AP (right after takeoff). You should have your trim set correctly before takeoff... Secondly you don't have to match the FD bars once you take off. All that should be done upon takeoff is, gear up, switch on the AP, and let the plane do the rest (you can raise flaps as you approach 250kts). I usually don't activate VNAV until I'm at cruise altitude. Below 10,000ft you should be maintaining a speed below 250kts anyway. After you reach 10,000ft you can fly at a higher speed. I do all this manually with the autopilot until cruise. Granted every virtual pilot has different methods and an add-on's autopilot should work no matter what, this very well could be a bug that needs to be fixed. Try leaving the trim and VNAV alone on takeoff and see what happens. Set your climb speed for 245kts and vertical speed to 2000FPM. VNAV and LNAV should only be activated once you

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon,Thanks for the help,"Try leaving the trim and VNAV alone on takeoff and see what happens. Set your climb speed for 245kts and vertical speed to 2000FPM"do you mean after take-off @1000 feet switch AP on, then select VS and dial in 2000FMP? I tried this and she's rock solid when I select VS but I thought LVL change was the correct mode after take-off and that's when I get the pitch problems, VS mode works great.Thank you.Paul

245kts should be set on the ground before takeoff (Somewhere before Taxi checks). Once you

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Toni Rauch

My understanding of correct FMC procedures is that if take off trim is set correctly before starting the flight, and the FMC has been correctly programmed (STARs, aircraft configuration, fuel etc.), you should take off manually and at about 1000 feet, engage Master Autopilot, LNAV and VNV, then 'sit back & enjoy' (after wheel and flat retraction etc.)The FMC should automatically trim the aircraft to maintain max 250 knots under 10000 feet altitude (unless manually overridden).Works faultlessly on the PMDG bird which is based on the identical plane as Ariane's (which I don't fly).Hope this helps.Toni.

Guest pcartierkbdl

Thanks Dillon and Toni for the helpDillon have you had any problems with pitching up and down using Toni's take-off method? anyway, I will give it another go, I guess I am spoiled by my LevelD.-Paul

Guest svein

I never had this problem.But i have experienced that this bird really depends on correct trimming,load and CG.With a certain other brand, i found that you could load the airplane up full of fuel and payload, and just climb her up to FL410 at 2000+ in VS.Try this with a full load on the Ariane, it aint gonna happend:):)Gotta give Ariane credit for this.I have experienced the 737-700 at 41000 feet, and the Stall margin is unbelievably tight.This is perfectly implementet in the ariane.Ok, aint gonna say no more.This floated beyond the question,sorry for that:)

Guest pcartierkbdl

Thanks Svein.my last email to Ariane stated that I should set my CoG to 22% on the second page of the takeoff section in the FMC to get the correct trim valule, but what I dont know how to do is set up the correct load for the plane.How do some of you Ariane users set this up for a smooth take-off?-Paul

Paul,I agree with what the others have said. I get solid and stable climb characteristics with the PDMG using the standard procedures, especially setting proper trim before takeoff.One thing to be aware is that as the winds change on climb out, the aircraft is going to change its pitch to compensate. A greater climb rate for stronger headwinds and lower climb rate if tailwinds are increasing. Since winds normal increase and decrease during climb and descent, you're going to notice slight oscillations in the pitch as the aircraft tries to maintain a constant airspeed.Bruce

Guest svein

I use only the default load page in FS to adjust it, but of course i hope Ariane will release some load manager for it soon.The CoG in the second Takeoff page is related to the perf page on the percentage value next to GW i think. This percentage is to go on the takeoff 2.page, and you will then get the trim value.(This is the CoG calculator)I dont know if that clears it up?

After take-off I selected gear-up, pitched to about 15 deg and selected the autopilot, I thought by turning on the AP it would maintain the current pitch of 15deg but this was not the case, I let go of my joystick and it started pitching way past 20deg.the only thing that worked for me was to select AP and the VS 1800+ then she was in a steady climb.-Paul

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi PaulDon't quite understand - after selecting the AP, did you choose any other AP 'mode' other than VS?Turning the AP master switch on by itself won't cure your problem...I suggest you try it again as I described earlier, i.e. AP master switch followed by LNAV and VNAV (assuming the FMC was 'set up' correctly before take-off). If this doesn't work, either your plane config is wrong, or the FMC isn't doing it's job properly, or Ariane has a bug to sort out....(All above based on hundreds of flights using the PMDG 737)Good luck!Toni.

Hi Everyone,I've been around long enough to know the history of this company. As far as I'm concerned it's in the past. I was looking on their web site for the new 737-700 2Di aircraft/panel. Well it looks nice, but for $122.00 U.S. with the continental addon package, NO WAY am I spending that kind of money for an addon aircraft!!!.Guess I'll have to keep flying my PMDG 737-6,7,8,9.Mike

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Toni Rauch

Well Mike, I think there are many who would agree that what Ariane's charging for this is almost extortionate, especially when you compare to PMDG and, more recently, Level D's 767 for just $39.95 with free repaints etc."Each to their own" I guess, but before this thread changes course to a comparitive discussion on value for money (thereby upsetting 'Dutch Cheese' etc )), I think we should try and help Paul and his oscillations....Fly safe!Toni.

Guest pcartierkbdl

Toni,Here's what I did:1. Enabled TOGA2. Gear up3. pitch to about 15 deg.4. select CMD (Autopilot)5. Enable LNAV and VNAVSpeed contraint set by VNAV to 250 below 1000Steady climb out, flight directory bars rock soild no oscillations.Ok, I have reached my speed retriction of 250 below 10000 I am at5000ft, now the aircraft is having a hard time keeping my speed at250. This is wear the oscillation occurs the speed goes from 245 to 250.At 10000 VNAV commands a speed of 309, steady climb, once i reach 309ktswe go from 305 - 309kts slight oscillations.At crusise no oscillations it's perfect.maybe it's a load balance problem, I will look into it.Anyway thanks for all the POSTIVE help here on the forum!-Paul