Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

Ariane Users - 737-700 Take-Off Help

Guest Toni Rauch

Try once more with the take-off trim set 'up' a notch more (3-5).If that doesn't help, I reckon it may be a bug. Speed capture/climb performance should be completely smooth (no 'oscillations')if the performance figures are accurately programmed.What does Ariane say (if anything)?Toni.(p.s. Re: the POSITIVE help, please don't tell P.T. or Edam.... )

Guest pcartierkbdl

Toni,I will give it a try, I am still waiting for Ariane's response from email.Thanks.Paul

Guest svein

At second thought the oscillations sounds to me like a stall tendency.Of course this should't occur at those speeds and altitudes your saying,unless you have loaded it seriously wrong.Only places i can remember that this have occured to me thoughis when the airplane is at the edge of stalling.This is my best idea.

Guest pcartierkbdl

Svein,When i load the plane and go into fuel/payload it always tells me the plane is overweight. I dont change the default payload I just change the fuel amound to somthing like 25 for left,right and center tanks, default was 100 for left,right and center.maybe this has somthing to do with it.:)-Paul

Guest svein

That does not sound right.And i probably was right about the stall then.Have you adjusted any payloads in the load page?Or do you use any external load editors?If it says its overweighted,thats where the problem lies.Does the speed tape on the PFD show any underspeed?(red tape on bottom of speed tape)Cuz if it does,then the airplane is aware of the underspeed,and causing a stall condition.That would be my 2 cents...

You may fill your left and right tanks full, but never the centertank. It's huge and you'll get overweight. I do mostly fly shorthaul, so I fill the left and right tanks with the aquired amount of fuel for the flight, and only 7-10% fuel in the center tanks for the apu. Remember to never run the center tanks dry, cause then you don't have fuel for the apu. Fuelpumps and crossfeed valve off, in order to drain fuel from left and right tanks only.

Rune B.

Guest pcartierkbdl

Ariane, responded to my email, they would have responded sooner,but I sent the email to the wrong address. :(I am sending this little tutorial to also help other's, this is truly complex plane (that's why i like it so much) :)Tutorial: Use trim. Trim her all the time. if you have a button trim system on your yoke (or stick) then use it. The basic rule in flight is Power Attitude and Trim. Here's a quick tip/guide list ( I am running this off the top of my head while I am tired so forgive meif I miss anything or get it back to front) :() Pre FlightBefore the flight Get IFR clearance/ while you/Set up your IRS and FMCNote that your ACT PERF INIT page/s (there should be two on any Ng FMC) your CRZ WIND and Tempo will affect your calcs so have your clearance for weather from ATIS and your enroute weather report handy.We mentioned page 2? You will note that you can adjsut your time error tolerance (bear in mind if using FLYTO or FLYOVER waypoints).On the TAKEOFF page, after determinign the ATIS guidnace to fill in the gaps, set your SEL and OAT and flaps (set prev. SEL by entering say, 12 and the forward slash).Set QRH and the V1 and VR and V2 should all be set for you. Now if you click on the TAKEOFF REF NEXT PAGE button and go to page 2?Note that the page 2 allows you to specify yourRWY Wind factorRW slope factor and HDGand up on the top rigth, yoru CoG (marked CG). Entter the aircraft's nearest Cog % in the right hand area and press LSK 1RImportant - Weights - adjust and dsitribute passengers and cargo for CoGBear in mind load limitations and relative cargo loads on your CoG when loading - say you have a regular load out for a domestic flight? You might type in n 24% after calculating that your CoG is 23-24% to err on the side of caution :()Note that on page 2 of your FMC can set the CoG and the FMC will automatically calculate your trim for you? Set your trim wheel by using the mouseover to put the mouse over it until it shows the numberered precentage? Now use your trim to RAISE or LOWER the numbers on the mouseover in terms of trim % Run your pre-flight/start/after start etc. checks TaxiWhile taxiing you can set ALT and SPD and RWY HDG.When taxi completed and your are at the hold point waiting for clearance for take off - run thru your final checks.Cleared?Get lined up There should be little need (other than an en-route change) to adjust the FMC - once set, it is set and has calculated for what the flight should do. Changing it will mean it will have to re-adjust everything. (Thought: If you have entered anything that does not make sense then it might throw a 'wobbler' that's OK -simply tell us what you did so we can take a look and factor it infto the next update - (nobody's perfect except God but we need the feedback via e-mail). (Even the real one FMC can be tricky - the real PROG page is very unreliable and never used by most Ng pilots but we have a little work to do on ours and while we are on figures - most pilots in an FAA report - pver 90% in fact - fly the descent and approach). Take Off Set TOGANote that she will increase thrust to nominal for the setting you entered in the FMC?Note a slight lag from power up? Its OK, so does the real thing. We designed a small 'Newton Effect' on the Ng.Correct for cross wind yaw on the RWY roll outAt VR - if you set up your trim calc as the FMC told you - she should rotate like a dream.You will need very little back pressure on the yoke/stick and in some cases if you left her to run thru the V2 'barrier' she should raise herself ...that shows you are correctly trimmed to CoG. T/O with AFT heavy? CoG means a full combination of thrust and rapid thrust app. may tend to pitch the nose up. Use reduced thrust on roll out if AFT heavy. Repect any MIN fule req. (Trip fuel plus reserves). If your fuel pump low pressure lights should illuminate after take off, don't turn them off. Avoid rapid acceleration, reduce your nose up attitude (pitch) and maintatin a min nose up BA for safe climb out. After your T/O, use the FD for your pitch ref. Cross check your ind. speed and other flight instruments.If not using the FD then use the airspd and attitude as primary refs.Normally, if she is set right and set up correctly, a pitch of between 15-20 degrees will result in an airspeed of approx. V2+2o knots for normal gross weights (don't miss that bit - its important to get her balanced right or she pitch up and down trying to make out why you set here up the way she is having to adjust to fly to)... If your VS is acceptable, then you need to adjust your pitch att. smoothly to maintain an airspeed of V2+15 to 25 knots up toi flap retract sched. V2+15 approx. max angle climb speed with takeoff flaps. This should result in max alt gain in the shortest time from the TO. If your airspeed exceeds V2+15 during the initial climb, stop the acceleration but do not attempt to reduce your airspeed to V2+15 - any speed between V2+15 and V2+25 knots will not significantly affect your climb profile. Retract landing gear on pos rate and after doing so check the lights as the PNF Climb Out Fly the aircraft to within degrees nose-upFly her out of the SIDAdjust your power setting using the A/T - best is 240 (but note your restrictions if flying Virtual)You should not need VNAV until established on the FP-------------------------I am going to try this tonight.Thanks everyone.

Just a little more information for you Ariane lovers,My problems are now solved! by following the short tutorial in the previous post! Here's some fuel information i also recevied via email, may it could help others here.-------------------------------------------------------------------The fuel management system on the new Ariane Boeing 737-700 Ng correctly simulates fuel management:- Some points to remember. As Rune rightly says, leave some fuel in your center tank since the APU drains fuel only from the center tank. When the center tank switches are set to OFF the lights do not come on UNLESS there is LOW PRESSURE in the tanks. The lights are not 'off' switches that turn the 'fuel off'. They lights are part of a LOW PRESSURE warning system - which we hope users will see we correctly featured. When you start your APU, you drain fuel from the center tank. Even if you turn the pumps to OFF the APU only drains fuel from the center tank so you must leave enough fuel for the APU to use during landing procedures and following. Here's a more detailed explanation of how our fuel system works:- The fuel system supplies fuel to the engines and the APU. Fuel is contained in three tanks located within the wings and wing center section. Both engines are normally pressure fed from the center tank until the center tank quantity decreases to around near zero. The engines are normally then pressure-fed from their respective main tanks. Each fuel tank uses two AC-powered fuel pumps. The center tank pumps produce higher pressure than the main tank pumps. This ensures that the center tank fuel is used before the main tank fuel, even though all fuel pumps are operating. Note: Fuel pump LOW PRESSURE lights may flicker when the tank quantity is low and the airplane is in a climb, descent, or on the ground with a nose-down attitude.When the main tank fuel pump pressure is low, each engine can draw fuel from its corresponding main tank. Fuel pressure can be provided from a main tank with operating fuel pumps to both engines by opening the fuel crossfeed valve located on the fwd overhead panel. Continued crossfeed use will result in a progressive fuel imbalance hich is why many pilots use 'devices' such as placing a checklist over the center display to remind them (on some upper aft overhead sections you might see a device that resembles an egg timer (we had one on the 900) - in its basic form, that is what it is - an alarm to alert a potential low pressure situation during fuel transfer from one tank to the other. The dissolved air in the fuel tank will eventually deplete after reaching cruise altitude. The depletion time is dependent upon airplane altitude, fuel temperature, and type of fuel - but no worries of that in FS. Once the dissolved air is depleted, the engine may be capable of suction feed operation at cruise power.The engine fuel manifolds are interconnected by use of the crossfeed valve. The valve is DC motor operated from the battery bus. The valve provides the means of directing fuel to both engines from any tank and this must be monitored during flight.On the real thing, Spar fuel shutoff valves are located at the engine

Hi Guys,You seem to have her under control while I'm just reading the first pages of the OPS_NORM Procedures manual.Just one point, how do you connect the ground power ? I think I'm respecting the manual :parking break setbattery ONGRD PWR switch ONThen CTRL pressed and hold, SHIFT pressed and hold and G pressed.. but still there is no ground power unit !What did I miss ? :-hmmm

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Thanks ! There was an error in the manuel then !Now following the tutorial.. I'm still looking why the NAV/COM are locked .. that may be linked with the IRS update system and the FMC autotuning VORs freq.. I hope I'll find out :)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

It depends on what key is used for "Master battery/Alternator switches on/off". I use SHIFT + M.

Rune B.

In fact the issue came from my dark and cold procedure. I loaded first the Cessna, and switched off all systems and fuel out of avionics. Then I loaded the 737-700 Ariane.But if I load first the 737-700 Ariane, the Radios are working fine. So I will switch off systems in it, and then save the flight. That will be my dark and cold procedure and I shouldn't experience anymore NAV/COM locked. :)Thanks.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU