Sign in to follow this  
User72

X-Plane 10 shots over Ireland

Bloody hell !

Is that photo scenery or V3 ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well that caught my attention. This is from Sim Heaven Dublin Yes? Just of the Howth Coast? Looks really great. Combine with HD Mesh V 3, it's crackin.

Well that caught my attention. This is from Sim Heaven Dublin Yes? Just of the Howth Coast? Looks really great. Combine with HD Mesh V 3, it's crackin.

No Simheavens is at ZL17 at best. ZL18 is as good as it gets for Ireland, that's as high a resolution as you can get from the satellite imagery and it covers the whole country perfectly colour matched. If you have a look at Bing maps and zoom in to the point just before the image starts to pixelate, that's what you get in sim. Takes up a lot of drivespace (4 times as much as 17) but definitely worth it. You can make out the details, for instance when coming into land you can still see the rows of cut grass around the airfield as you touch down. I used G2XPL to make it but it's pretty easy tbh. You just feed in the coordinates for each tile and the rest is automagic.

No Simheavens is at ZL17 at best. ZL18 is as good as it gets for Ireland, that's as high a resolution as you can get from the satellite imagery and it covers the whole country perfectly colour matched. If you have a look at Bing maps and zoom in to the point just before the image starts to pixelate, that's what you get in sim. Takes up a lot of drivespace (4 times as much as 17) but definitely worth it. You can make out the details, for instance when coming into land you can still see the rows of cut grass around the airfield as you touch down. I used G2XPL to make it but it's pretty easy tbh. You just feed in the coordinates for each tile and the rest is automagic.

Wow you just said a whole lot of stuff there i don't understand  :lol:   Thank you for the tips,  i'm going to try that.  Ill first down load HD Mesh V3 and take it from there. 

ANother great one from the X-Plane community!

Wow you just said a whole lot of stuff there i don't understand  :lol:   Thank you for the tips,  i'm going to try that.  Ill first down load HD Mesh V3 and take it from there. 

If you get stuck, shout, I'll be happy to help.

Best "clean / natural looking" sim shots I've seen on any sim.

HD mesh v3 has taken XPX to new scenery heights visually.

If you get stuck, shout, I'll be happy to help.

Thank you very much  :rolleyes:

Amazing!! Wonderful Shots.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Amazing shots! I assume World2XPlane was used aswell, really makes Ireland look as beautiful as it does in real life.