Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Attention Virtual United Pilots

If you didn't know already, United has updated their avionics package for their Next Gen 737s.  All of the PMDG aircraft simulated now have ND PFD displays.  The EFIS Map displays are gone.  Thought you might like to know....let's be real!

Steve Giblin

Do you have a reference website for this info?  I'd like to read about or see what they're using.

EDIT:  FOUND IT:  http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/b737ng-flight-instruments

Thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I work for United and supplied the info to PMDG for each planes configuration.  The liveries are accurate (each plane is a little different) except for the new avionics software upgrade...

Steve Giblin

I never much cared for EFIS-MAP.. Always thought it was quite cluttered vs PFD-ND.

Have they also gone to RNP like Southwest did a while back? That was about the same time

Southwest ditched EFIS-MAP.

738fly, as far as the MCP, I imagine it depends on the age of the plane. The older ones

use the Honeywell, but the newer ones use the Collins. I think the appx cutoff date for the

Honeywell MCP in NG's was around 2002-2003 or so.

It doesn't appear so.

Warren

Didn't want to bother them with this...I'm sure they are very busy with the 747....

Steve Giblin