Sign in to follow this  
Col1948

FScene4X

I purchased FScene4X advertised in the top right corner of this site, I downloaded the software then I went through a process of having to register with Flight1 then I went to purchase the product, I had the selection of using my bank card or PayPal.

I chose PayPal, then it said it was getting the PayPal account page that never appeared, so then I selected Bank Card, this worked to a degree.

It then said it would send me a key code, nothing happened, so I went on my account on Flight1 website, it said my cart was empty, I tried to contact their customer support but it seemed to be sending me in circles so I never contacted them.

When I click on the page I have where I purchased it keeps popping up saying processing this may take a MINUTE, then the validation is greyed out so by the looks of things it is still processing, what a joke.

I know this is supposed to stop piracy but it will stop me buying anything else from them.

anyone else had this problem?

Well an update:

All the above took place yesterday around late afternoon, this morning still nothing, does anybody know the Flight1 customer service contact please, because on their site all the problem contacts seem to relate to everything but that particular software that incidentally isn't on their list when I do a search, I'm wondering if this advert is genuine.

I'll pursue it later.

Thanks I went on that page but found another where I could actually type my problem in detail, I still haven't received anything from them, so now it's 24 hours and counting. :mad:

Is there anybody on this forum connected to Flight1 that could help me please, I checked again this morning but still no word from them.

As I said above I sent them a message directly from one of their web pages but as you can gather they have not replied.

I know the price of the software was on offer and I have paid for it but can't use it till they send me this wrap thing to activate it.

i've recently returned to the sim and I did use Flight1 years ago and got the software no problem, I even remember swapping my PC and they sent me a new activation code, but things have change obviously.

I do have a flight1 account but constantly checking there says my shopping cart is empty.

Any help appreciated.

then I selected Bank Card, this worked to a degree.

Have you received ANY confirmation from the Bank, Credit Card company or PayPal that they have paid Flight1?  Does your banking or credit card statements show a deduction from your account in the name of Flight1?  This is not clear from your comments above.

If you have not received payment confirmation by now I suggest you re-purchase.

BTW it is 'normal' for Flight1 transactions to download the software first and pay during the installation process.

I paid by bank card as I said above it wouldn't accept PayPal, I checked my bank statement and no they haven't taken payment but I have paid for things in the past in advance and some companies don't always take the money straight away, so if I do as you suggest I may end up paying twice.

As an example my central heating boiler broke and I paid in advance last week for the engineer and they haven't yet taken the money, I would hate to pay for that one twice lol.

I came back to add:

The message I sent to Flight1 they sent me a ticket number, when I access it through the link they sent there is no reply and as I stated above no emails from them either.

I would hate to pay for that one twice

I would conclude that; as you have not received any email confirming payment to Flight1 from your bank, and your bank statement shows no such deduction AND you have not received Licence info from Flight1; the purchasing transaction was not completed.

With online purchasing it is commonplace to receive emailed confirmation documentation within 5 minutes, certainly that is my experience with Flight1 who also offer a 30 day no-questions-asked refund Policy negating your reservations as quoted above.

Best of luck.

To be perfectly honest you have dodged a bullet here.

FScene4x is really not very good when compared to Ground Environment or Ground Environment Pro.

I would also recommend looking at FS9 Evo which is freeware/donationware

Thanks that looks good, I will look there, as you say I may be lucky and dodged the bullet. :-)

As for the payment with Flight1 it was a bit unusual, I selected PayPal but the wheel just kept spinning and a message saying trying to connect, so I gave up and selected bank card which SEEMED to go through and my name came up on that payment but the next process never happened.

To be perfectly honest you have dodged a bullet here.

I'm inclined to agree here.   FScene is a very very old product.  I'm sure I first bought it for FS9 back in around 2004.

I finally got a response from Flight1, this is their message:

Hello,

Computer security is quite common to cause this. If you have any security that affects your Internet connection, such as a firewall addin or something, then this could be the problem. You have to make sure none of these are loaded and causing problems.

If you ran through these and still have issues, some customers have had success by booting in Safe Mode with Network Support and try it there.

Thanks!

Jeff Smith
Flight One Software

In regards to FScene, it is a decent product.  It subtly enhances the default scenery, and adds no load whatsoever to your system.  The number of buildings is greatly increased and the seasonal changes are better portrayed.  Other products may require a certain amount of tweaking, but this one is load and forget.

Any vendor can have problems that are beyond their control.  I have a add-on aircraft from Carenado that I have not been able to install.  They weren't able to detect the problem so I decided to receive a refund.  You will have no problems, I'm sure.

It subtly enhances the default scenery, and adds no load whatsoever to your system.

It completely replaces the default scenery and "Subtle" is not a word I would associate with the product.

Seriously there are much better packages on the market that are also set and forget these days but each to their own, we all see these things differently