Sign in to follow this  

nVidia 347.09 drivers do indeed break PAPI lights in P3D V2.4

This is a real bummer as I installed these betas because of the Elite Dangerous profile. Well, I guess I have to live without PAPIs for a while...

After installing 347.09 drivers I've lost all airport lights (runway, taxi etc.). Returned to 344.75 and all lights are back.

Same here...my landing at KDEN last night was interesting to say the least.

Ryan

Absolutely. While over half a year old, they cause no issues and benchmarked the best among all of nVidia's recent drivers. In order to get rid of shimmering, I use SGSS 4x and overclock the he!! out of my 780ti... so, needless to say, I need all of the help I can get...

+1 for 337.88 drivers. I went back to them yesterday and performance is smoother than my previous 344.75 on my system. Hmm.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I just got word nVidia have been in contact again with LM, apparently nVidia's discussion with LM referenced my video demonstrating the PAPI lights problem ... maybe my Feedback to nVidia actually did work this time around.

Either way, the upside is an apparent commitment from nVidia to get a proper P3D profile and with any luck that profile will include SLI and hopefully will be available early next year, when exactly I don't know.

Happy Holidays,

Rob.

That's a fantastic news. I'm simply waiting for the SLI profile to buy the second 980. This will be especially helpful for Oculus Rift VR display in the near future as it's very graphically demanding.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Agree, having SLI support will open up many doors/options (even more so for multi-monitor and 4K monitor users).  2015 is looking to be a great year.

Cheers, Rob.

I just got word nVidia have been in contact again with LM, apparently nVidia's discussion with LM referenced my video demonstrating the PAPI lights problem ... maybe my Feedback to nVidia actually did work this time around.

Either way, the upside is an apparent commitment from nVidia to get a proper P3D profile and with any luck that profile will include SLI and hopefully will be available early next year, when exactly I don't know.

Happy Holidays,

Rob.

Should we say ALLELULIA ?!?!  :P

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Say it when you see the driver from nVidia ... the information I have is solid ... but as always, I want to see it.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm thinking of getting the driver if the PAPI Lights are fixed (which would most likely happen). My main reason is because of the HDMI RGB Fix.

Júnior Silva

Seeing is beleaving....

Let 2015 be the P3D year for us :

1 Good Nv Profile with SLI support

2 Better VAS management

3 v2.5 with good fixes for several issues

And for me : my cockpit will be completely ready .. :-)

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Agree, having SLI support will open up many doors/options (even more so for multi-monitor and 4K monitor users).  2015 is looking to be a great year.

Cheers, Rob.

I probably will buy two GTX 980s if that happens. I've given up on nVidia releasing a GTX 980TI for the foreseeable future. They apparently can't compete with cellphone makers for chip fabrication time. The rumors are still out there about a GTX 980TI coming in early 2015, but at this point, I'm guessing that nVidia will just wait until 16 nm fabrication is available and they will just go that route, which will take a lot longer. Could be either mid-2015 or maybe not until 2016.

My main reason is because of the HDMI RGB Fix

That does make a difference having cRGB on a good monitor. The blacks are really black and the whites really white:

* Computer RGB (0-255)
* Standard RGB (16-235)

Previous nVidia drivers only had the cRGB option for videos. I think that I'll suffer along for a while and see what nVidia does next.

I probably will buy two GTX 980s if that happens. I've given up on nVidia releasing a GTX 980TI for the foreseeable future. They apparently can't compete with cellphone makers for chip fabrication time. The rumors are still out there about a GTX 980TI coming in early 2015, but at this point, I'm guessing that nVidia will just wait until 16 nm fabrication is available and they will just go that route, which will take a lot longer. Could be either mid-2015 or maybe not until 2016.

That does make a difference having cRGB on a good monitor. The blacks are really black and the whites really white:

* Computer RGB (0-255)
* Standard RGB (16-235)

Previous nVidia drivers only had the cRGB option for videos. I think that I'll suffer along for a while and see what nVidia does next.

I think the reason why they use Limited RGB on HDMI connections is because Nvidia treats them as HD TVs rather than PC Monitors. It is great to see the problem being fixed on the 347.09 driver.

Speaking of the 347.09 driver, it is officially released. Has the PAPI Lights disappearing been fixed?

Júnior Silva

Say it when you see the driver from nVidia ... the information I have is solid ... but as always, I want to see it.

Cheers, Rob.

Very good to hear. Thanks for working so hard to represent the needs of the P3D community. 

Aaron

Ah, good news! I′ve posted about the lack of driver support over at nvidia′s forum a week ago, just to make the need for it a bit visible. 

Merry Christmas 

Speaking of the 347.09 driver, it is officially released. Has the PAPI Lights disappearing been fixed?

Good questions, has anyone tried the final release? :(

Marko

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png