Sign in to follow this  
Rob Ainscough

nVidia 347.09 drivers do indeed break PAPI lights in P3D V2.4

Agree, having SLI support will open up many doors/options (even more so for multi-monitor and 4K monitor users).  2015 is looking to be a great year.

Cheers, Rob.

I probably will buy two GTX 980s if that happens. I've given up on nVidia releasing a GTX 980TI for the foreseeable future. They apparently can't compete with cellphone makers for chip fabrication time. The rumors are still out there about a GTX 980TI coming in early 2015, but at this point, I'm guessing that nVidia will just wait until 16 nm fabrication is available and they will just go that route, which will take a lot longer. Could be either mid-2015 or maybe not until 2016.

My main reason is because of the HDMI RGB Fix

That does make a difference having cRGB on a good monitor. The blacks are really black and the whites really white:

* Computer RGB (0-255)
* Standard RGB (16-235)

Previous nVidia drivers only had the cRGB option for videos. I think that I'll suffer along for a while and see what nVidia does next.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I probably will buy two GTX 980s if that happens. I've given up on nVidia releasing a GTX 980TI for the foreseeable future. They apparently can't compete with cellphone makers for chip fabrication time. The rumors are still out there about a GTX 980TI coming in early 2015, but at this point, I'm guessing that nVidia will just wait until 16 nm fabrication is available and they will just go that route, which will take a lot longer. Could be either mid-2015 or maybe not until 2016.

That does make a difference having cRGB on a good monitor. The blacks are really black and the whites really white:

* Computer RGB (0-255)
* Standard RGB (16-235)

Previous nVidia drivers only had the cRGB option for videos. I think that I'll suffer along for a while and see what nVidia does next.

I think the reason why they use Limited RGB on HDMI connections is because Nvidia treats them as HD TVs rather than PC Monitors. It is great to see the problem being fixed on the 347.09 driver.

Speaking of the 347.09 driver, it is officially released. Has the PAPI Lights disappearing been fixed?

Say it when you see the driver from nVidia ... the information I have is solid ... but as always, I want to see it.

Cheers, Rob.

Very good to hear. Thanks for working so hard to represent the needs of the P3D community. 

Aaron

Ah, good news! I′ve posted about the lack of driver support over at nvidia′s forum a week ago, just to make the need for it a bit visible. 

Merry Christmas 

Speaking of the 347.09 driver, it is officially released. Has the PAPI Lights disappearing been fixed?

Good questions, has anyone tried the final release? :(

Marko

I have NOT tried it but I read elsewhere that the PAPI lights are still broken.

Vic

The WHQL 347.09 are no different from the 347.09 Beta ... I recommend you NOT use these for P3D.  Look for P3D specific driver support early next year.

Cheers, Rob.

Folks...when you talk about drivers not working, it'd sure be useful to include what GPU you're using as well...often times what doesn't work on a 980 might be working on a 780 or vice-versa...

Regards

I just started a thread in the sceney addon board earlier for similar issue (all airport lighting gone).

Seems that ideas in this thread are related to what I am currently experiencing . I installed 347.09 and this issue happened.

I will try to revert back to the previous driver to see if this issue is gone.

I just started a thread in the sceney addon board earlier for similar issue (all airport lighting gone).

Seems that ideas in this thread are related to what I am currently experiencing . I installed 347.09 and this issue happened.

I will try to revert back to the previous driver to see if this issue is gone.

Reverted back to driver 344.75 and the issue is gone!

Reverted back to 337.88 and issue is gone, but still  no lights in Aerosoft Airports