Sign in to follow this  
jclay13

Why does the engine sound in the cockpit sound like a blower?

Just bought the Malibu Mirage and curious why the engine sound in the cockpit sounds like a blower?  Gets really obvious when throttle is increased and really loud at full throttle.  If I go idle throttle it's not as obvious and can mostly hear the prop turning. Is that from the turbo?  Obviously never been in a plane like this so expected more of a "hefty" sounding engine noise in the cockpit.

I have no idea, My guess is that your sound card cant handle the actual HQ sound or its just poor sound in general. You can replace the sounds searching around the library.avsim.net or simviation.com 

The soundset is imitating noise cancelling headsets.  I replaced mine with sounds from another aircraft.

Here's a thread where everyone's discussing the options...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443610-malibu-mirage-350p-sounds/

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

or you can do what Gregg_Seipp did which is pretty much the same thing. in my honest opinion its the sound. Its just poor. it would be really cool if you replaced it with something really cool and loud.

The Malibu has a simply awful soundset.  If the intent was to emulate noise cancelling headsets, they've done a poor job as I've mentioned in other discussions.  I've replaced the sounds with the Arezone soundset specifically made for this plane, and it's helped immensely with the overall immersion.

Scott

The Malibu has a simply awful soundset. If the intent was to emulate noise cancelling headsets, they've done a poor job as I've mentioned in other discussions. I've replaced the sounds with the Arezone soundset specifically made for this plane, and it's helped immensely with the overall immersion.

Scott

Well, that's the story I heard.  ^_^  I've never worn a pair of those things (still have my old Clark's).  They do sound weird.  I might pick up those AreZone sounds.  Haven't bought anything else over the holidays.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM