Sign in to follow this  
dan777

Is The Site Prepar3d Down

If they can't keep their website up and running...

AVSIM goes down sometimes, Facebook goes down sometimes, Microsoft goes down sometimes, Apple goes down sometime ... so your point is?

Honestly I don't really understand why you are still interested in P3D?  You've consistently brought up the problems that have solutions and you've ignored those solutions just so you can keep posting about YOUR problems.  You would rather continue on your negative trip on LM ... why?  If you don't like LM or don't like how LM operate, there are plenty of other options for you ... FSX, FSX:SE, XP10 and more.  

I rarely recommend anyone not use a product, but I honestly feel P3D is not for you and never will be for you.

Happy Holidays,

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

You can't please all the people all the time I guess.... As for me, P3D is second to none in flight simulation and has been for some time.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I agree with Mike_CFII_MEL, you can't please everyone all the time. Besides, it's the Christmas season, and what's Christmas without a grinch or two.

Cheers, Jazz

Agree, site is back up ... and LM are still in the business of developing flight simulations software.

Cheers, Rob.

If they can't keep their website up and running...

Pointless comment of the day award goes to this guy

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Merry Christmas & a very happy holiday & thank you Mr. Rob for being the tremendous spokesman for P3D you are!!!!

Pointless comment of the day award goes to this guy

Hey, the guy didn't finish his post.

Might be:

"If they can't keep their website up and running... I think I'll go get some baked cheddar and bacon macaroni and cheese."

And it was so enticing, he just didn't finish his thought before hitting "Post".

Just checked it now, looks like the site is up...I am glad it was not just me...thanks to all for checking...

-Dan

Antone know what caused the outage?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

They just updated the front page with an ad for ORBX EU Norway. They must have an outside contractor doing their web page because every time it is updated, the site is unavailable for a considerable amount of time.

They just updated the front page with an ad for ORBX EU Norway. They must have an outside contractor doing their web page because every time it is updated, the site is unavailable for a considerable amount of time.

Right.

And in between the updates I have had several hours - long Password Login Lockouts because of their .... security software (anti-hacker or whatever)???

They have had more outages than normal (as compared to other sites) ever since they changed their forum "look".... I liked the original one better .... this new one looks like the old BB service when phone modems ... dial up connections were the rage.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

They must have an outside contractor doing their web page because every time it is updated, the site is unavailable for a considerable amount of time.

LM have their own web development group internal ... it's a large company 130,000 employees with web sites covering all aspects of what LM do (not just P3D).  So it most likely follows standard large company procedures to put in a request and wait for it to happen, the web group probably "batches" requests and does many at the same time.  I'm guessing one of these change requests took a long time or had issues and probably had nothing to do with the P3D side of LM.

Cheers, Rob.