Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

Need to understand the presets file MCP2-combo

Bonjour,

I created  
in : data\presets  :

for example the file 'q400', I created 3 buttons, I save. I close linda. I return to the data \ folder presets,

-Is this normal, and if so what is the point of having preset files if they d'ont record trimmings buttons?
1 / If I open in notepad, config-mcp2.lua, lines created in the original file 'q400' they are there.

But if I open 'linda.exe' there frontline --presets --  which displays the created buttons ok!

But if I open again file 'Q400', present in the drop down menu, then it is empty !

All this means to me, than using a file with a specific name for my trimmings of a particular aircraft, this is not possible, since this is the file --- presets--  that always  to linda?

2 / the file --presets --- I can not find anywhere the name in the files do not actually file !  then config-mcp2.lua, which appears in the line linda '--presets--?

Thank you in advance for your information, it is important to understand ... because in case of data loss, I want to find a quick solution to not just redo my

Hi Simufs

If we are talking about Presets I suggest you first update to LINDA 2.5.5 (see Downloads) as I have corrected some anomalies especially relating to the radio presets.  I also do not recommend you try to edit or create a preset manually.

The way to create a preset is to run FSX with your desired aircraft (ie. Q400) and your MCP2 panel connected and start LINDA.  Make sure LINDA is FSX Sync'ed to your aircraft.

You then go to the MCP Combo page and select a sub-panel (ie. EFIS).  After programming the buttons and knobs as required, give it a logical Ident name on 4 characters (like Wxr for weather radar). Click on New to open the New Preset dialog, enter a Preset Name (ie. Q400 EFIS default) and click save.  This stores the button data on the screen using the Template _efis2.txt (from \fsx\modules\linda\data\templates) to create a new prefix (stored \fsx\modules\linda\data\presets\efis\).  The presets are stored in the subfolders corresponding to the sub-panel name; those subfolders with the 'a' prefix (ie. aefis) relate to the Airbus FCU panel (MCP2a).  The format looks like this sample for the MCP2a Airbus:

-- ############################################### --

-- ## Airbus Weather Radar
-- ############################################### --

-- AEFIS block buttons and switches
EFIS = {
["ENABLED"] = true  ,
["IDENT"]   = "WxR"  ,
["InHg."]   = empty  ,
["hPa ."]   = empty  ,
["FD  ."]   = ECAM_RCL  ,
["ILS ."]   = ECAM_DOOR  ,
["CSTR."]   = AB_Radios_toggle  ,
["WPT ."]   = AB_WX_TERR_toggle  ,
["VORD."]   = AB_WX_SYS_toggle  ,
["NDB ."]   = AB_WX_MULTI_toggle  ,
["ARPT."]   = AB_WX_GCS_toggle  ,
["ADF1:"]   = empty  ,
["ADF1."]   = empty  ,
["VOR1:"]   = empty  ,
["VOR1."]   = empty  ,
["ADF2:"]   = empty  ,
["ADF2."]   = empty  ,
["VOR2:"]   = empty  ,
["VOR2."]   = empty  ,
}

-- AEFIS BARO knob
BARO = {
["A SHOW"]  = ND_RadarPower_show  ,
["A  +"]    = ND_RadarPower_inc  ,
["A ++"]    = ND_RadarPower_inc  ,
["A  -"]    = ND_RadarPower_dec  ,
["A --"]    = ND_RadarPower_dec  ,
["PRESS"]   = ND_RadarPower_on  ,
["B SHOW"]  = empty  ,
["B  +"]    = empty  ,
["B ++"]    = empty  ,
["B  -"]    = empty  ,
["B --"]    = empty  ,
}

and so on.

To load a Preset you simply use the drop down list to select the required preset. This automatically overwrites your settings for the selected sub-panel.  IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE PRESET CHANGES, click on Revert to Saved button to restore the previous settings.  You can use the other buttons to SaveRename or Delete saved Presets.

The presets are useful if you have a standard set of settings that you wish to transfer from one aircraft to another.  They can also be used to backup a sub-panels settings before you make amendments.  Remember you have 3 sub-panels with 3 modes each so you need to save up to 9 presets.

I hope this helps.

Andrew.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew