Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

Flickering contrails

Guys, I'm sure this issue is on my side, I have contrails flicker, either left or right side, happens with 777 immersion, and PercipitFX. Is there any workaround to prevent this?

Thanks

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Guys, I'm sure this issue is on my side, I have contrails flicker, either left or right side, happens with 777 immersion, and PercipitFX. Is there any workaround to prevent this?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you post a short video showing the problem?

Thanks

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

http://youtu.be/2MWjNzyYZxU

DX10 Fixer, bloom enabled. Thanks in advance

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

LOL well, someone has to be special :P

I'll try with DX9. Oh, this doesn't happen in P3D.

Edit: same thing happens under DX9

Ivan Majetic

LOL well, someone has to be special :P

I'll try with DX9. Oh, this doesn't happen in P3D.

Edit: same thing happens under DX9

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into the problem!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Ivan Majetic

Hi friends,

could you write here solution to repair this? I have same issue...but observed in NGX... and it happens especially when rotate angle of view of external camera.

I also have DX10 Fixer.

Hi guys,

have you ticked the option "exclude particle effects" in the fixer? If so, you won't see engine smoke or contrails from certain perspectives on both engines, only on one side or with this flickering. Just an idea B)

But be careful, converting effects by UNTICKING the exclude option can cause frame rate drops. On my rig, contrails, especially converted, are not possible with some AI around, i will get a drop from 30 to slide show :(

Matthias

Un-check Exclude Particle Effects in the converter, and then convert again. Your flickering contrails will be addressed.

I will check that. Thank you.

You were right! Thank you!

Un-check Exclude Particle Effects in the converter, and then convert again. Your flickering contrails will be addressed.

Ivan Majetic

Fixed! The contrails are awesome.

fsx%2B2015-02-01%2B17-52-44-32.jpg

After almost 50 years of real life flying, when I did my best to avoid bad weather, I'm now going out of my way to find rain, snow and BS (blowing sand) with weather close to minimums because it, well, just looks so damn real!

Thanks

Under DX10 Fixer's Lights Conversion, un-check the Particle Effects under the Exclusion, and then convert.  Your flickering is over...

...yes - everything looks great (even whell effects work better with unchecked "Exclude..."), but as Matthias said - there is significant fps drop :(