Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.0.29

I should also mention as in my other post/plea for help, that the latest release is not allowing me to get to the game menu and forcing me into GFWL drop down unlike my previous install which allowed be to bypass, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled GWFL with the latest link and no joy. Update just found this here on Avsim In "C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFlightFlight.CFG (hidden directory) if you set ProfileMode=0 under [GFWL]" and what you know it worked! Except that now I lost my profile and it's gone back to mission 1.

Yeah, don't change that cfg file setting.

My recommendation:

- Uninstall Flight (both Steam and GFWL versions if you have both installed)

- Uninstall GFWL

- Reinstall GFWL from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=128962

- Reinstall Flight from here: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616

- Run Flight, you will probably have a GFWL window asking you to log in, so you will need to use the same username and password that you used before

- Install the latest Flight Toolkit

One small problem the addon builder is crashing now when I open it. here's the error, I looked around Avsim and couldn't find a fix.

Thanks

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    addonbuilder.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.1.2.0
  Problem Signature 03:    54ac193f
  Problem Signature 04:    PresentationCore
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.18408
  Problem Signature 06:    52313210
  Problem Signature 07:    21e9
  Problem Signature 08:    2c
  Problem Signature 09:    System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ok good also, I think I screwed something up, when I chose non GFWL, my Flight didn't change, it was only when I chose GFWL that it worked, am I missing something here? I guess I will try to reinstall flight tool kit and see if that fixes it, do I still need to install the previous version first or is the latest version all I need?

Thanks

This is really strange, I reinstalled the latest version, but when Flight starts I get these errors,

failed to read from file: PlayerData\Default\Career\Career7.bin

"                                                                                     " Career1.bin

"                                                                                     "                .spb

now the addon builder is not crashing on startup anymore, I obviously did not install the non GFWL version, in an essence I can not switch back and forth from GWFL to non and I'm quite certain that when I first installed I may have chose GWFL, not sure though, so I'm guessing I now once again have to uninstall everything including Flight and start over?

Thank for the help.

You shouldn't need to reinstall everything. Those error messages are common. Remember that with the latest version you can switch easily between the GFWL and non-GFWL versions using the Addon Manager:

1. Launch the Addon Manager and check to see if you are in "Non-GFWL" mode. You should see a widget at the left corner of the application.
  2. The toolkit backs up your profile data. Go to your Flight Directory - "C:\Users\<Admin>\%AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Flight"
  3. There you should see a file named "Players_Backup"
  4. Go into this folder and copy the file a random string of letters and numbers
  5. Return to "C:\Users\<Admin>\%AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Flight" and go to the "Players" folder.
  6. Delete the folder inside and replace it with the folder you just copied.

That should fix the error! Sorry if the file names may be slightly incorrect, I will check when I get home!  ^_^

I'm trying what you suggested but it's not working.

check to see if you are in "Non-GFWL" mode. You should see a widget at the left corner of the application.

The widget says Non-GFWL

There you should see a file named "Players_Backup"
Go into this folder and copy the file a random string of letters and numbers
Return to "C:\Users\\%AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Flight" and go to the "Players" folder.
Delete the folder inside and replace it with the folder you just copied.

The folder it's in I believe is \Default\Career\CurrentSituation in there there is a folder with random numbers that contains 3 files

1. CurrentSituation.FLT

2 CurrentSituation.SPB

3.CurrentSituation.FSSAVE

After doing as you instructed nothing has changed and the "failed to read carreer7.bin error continues, any thoughts?

Thanks

The folder you want should be a sibling to the Default folder.

When you start Flight does it have the GFWL UI to enter your name and password or does it have some crappy looking UI for the username and password along with an option to create a new profile?

Then it is not using Non-GFWL mode properly.  Can you try changing it in Addo nManager to GFWL and then back to Non-GFWL?  Also, check if you have two versions of Flight installed (such as both Steam and GFWL versions).

I can change it in the drop down box, but I don't see anything else change in the addon manager, should I? I only have the GWFL version of Flight installed that you told me to install, no other versions. Should maybe consider at least reinstalling Flight at this point?

Thanks