Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?

I didn't buy anything flightsim related, but I did pick up Kerbal Space Program on Steam, and it's amazing!!  Anybody interested in space flight needs it!

I finally built a PC for simming and I am quite happy with it.

Oh, and FSX SE and X-Plane 10 when Steam had the $5 and 50% off sales respectively.. :lol:

12 Orbx airports, all PNW, for $170. I consider that a deal-and-a-half. Trying to fill out my NA collection before Socal releases (hopefully) some time this year.

I don't need anything else at the moment.

Happy New Year! Enjoy your new toys, I mean... new simulation software.

Dublin Mega Airport

The Aerosoft Version I take it, for PD3/Fsx? I have the Dublin Airoprt for X-Plane, it's certainly not Mega though.

Steam (like most other people) haven't installed it yet. .just a 'good' to have when ASN and PMDG get working..

Carenado Seneca V (think this was on sale by accident)

Taxi2Gate

KMCO (big thumbs up)

MUHU (thumbs up)

MUCL (big thumb down - can't move in any of the parking area without a plane crash)

Razbam Metroliner (big thumbs up).

Orbx FTX Globa (big thumbs up)

Steve's dx10 (not installed yet)

Orbx FTX Global+Vector+Open LC (Best buy)

Steam  (not installed yet)

I'm very disappointed that missed Flightbeam sale. Now I'm considering to move my flights to North America because of FSDT/Flightbeam series. Yesterday I couldn't resist and purchased KIAD. Now I feel that will never be settled until I get all of these terrific products!

I've bought myself:

-128 Gb Samsung Evo SSD for windows

-256 Gb Samsung Evo SSD for FSX

I've changed my 16gb 1333mhz 4 sticks of RAM with, two sticks of 16gb 1866 Mhz

I hoped that by this move I'll make FSX to run butter smooth, but guess what, it didn't do anything!! I'm tired of tweaking and spending big money for this sim

I now have i74790K at 4.6ghz 16gb ram with EVGA gtx760 4gb OC and FSX still stuttering!

Oh well, lucky me!!  

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I've bought myself:

-128 Gb Samsung Evo SSD for windows

-256 Gb Samsung Evo SSD for FSX

I've changed my 16gb 1333mhz 4 sticks of RAM with, two sticks of 16gb 1866 Mhz

I hoped that by this move I'll make FSX to run butter smooth, but guess what, it didn't do anything!! I'm tired of tweaking and spending big money for this sim

I now have i74790K at 4.6ghz 16gb ram with EVGA gtx760 4gb OC and FSX still stuttering!

Oh well, lucky me!!  

I don't know your full FSX situation, but my sim is working well at the moment. :)

i5 @ 4.52 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 750 Ti 2GB.

I followed Word Not Allowed's guide.

I followed the guide for Nvidia Inspector.

FSX is on an SSD

I'm now using the scenery config editor to only enable sceneries I'm flying over (backup your scenery.cfg before use!!)

I have a second PC for VPilot, ASN, EFB and other bits. 

Santa wae very generous to me this past Christmas.

Under the Christmas tree I found:

Goflight MCP-Pro (don't understand how I could have been flying the airliners without it for so long!)
OrbX Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe.(OMG, Keep me low and slow, please!!)

FSX-SE (not installed, but wasted the $5 for a backup, and whatever the future brings for fsx)

I am a very happy flight simmer  :lol: 

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

I'm tired of tweaking and spending big money for this sim

I got FSX-SE and testing dual installed with FSX and also installed alone on another PC. This gives a performance boost better than replacing PC with any kit around right now. Also got a rega rp10/Apheta/Aria, and an Arcam A49 with D33 DAC, and also a pair of Spendor D7 floor standing speakers. Not tried it hooked up to the sim yet.

I am a very happy flight simmer  :lol:

Hey Manfred! Good to see you around.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Orbx FTX Global+Vector+Open LC

FSFX Packages - PrecipitFX

Dovetail Games FSX-SE