Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?

(all for FS9)

- Bottle of Tin Cup Colorado Whiskey

Is there a P3D2 version of this product available? :smile:

Picked up a 2015 BMW 5-series. Been bitten by the German bug. Lining up a 2015/16 Mercedes S-Class for sometime later this year as well. 

*someone stop me please*

On the sim-front:

- Aerosoft's Airbus (upgrade)

- Flightbeam's KDEN

- FSDT KDFW, CYVR

Aamir Thacker

this Holiday sale, i purchase

Software/Games

1. FSX Steam Edition (MYR9.40) Steam

2. Counter Strike Complete (MYR19) Steam

Hardware

1. Dell S2415 Monitor, (MYR697, Really worth it with thin bezel, plan to get another two for surround)

2. Track IR 5 (MYR274.50)

i just cannot imagine if all developer join Steam, Winter/Summer gonna be so Awesome in steam sale XD

Muhamad Aliff

I did end up getting two Orbx airports.  Sekiu and Lake Tahoe.  I like Tahoe better.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I took advantage of these sales this year without a doubt. I started off by purchasing Drzweicki NY Airports and New York City. Unfortunately I keep getting out of memory crashes very quickly with them. The sceneries look wonderful there's no doubt about that. I've tried the lower res installs, deactivating surrounding airports with no luck. I understand they both are demanding add-ons and I'm not easy on my setup with a 3770K at 4.5Ghz and a factory overclocked GTX980 with three 27's at 8100x1440. I'll have to find some lower settings to save for that area that works.

I'm already an owner of Flightbeams KDEN so I went ahead and added IAD and PHX. Again some fantastic airports but optimization not quite as good as DEN.

Off to the ORBX sales as I was in some desperate need of some regions and airports to go with my Global and Vector. So I sat down with a notepad and their coverage map, thought hard about what airports of theirs I would benefit from by the aircraft I currently like to use. So that list came out to be Southern Alaska with Juneau. Pacific Fjords with Ketchikan. Central Rockies with Bozeman and Jackson Hole. Northern California with Monterey and Redding. Lastly, all by its lonesome, Palm Springs.

It goes without saying that all of the ORBX airports are immersive, great frames and look great. I find myself favoring Palm Springs at the moment. So much to see with the surrounding area included.

To finish off the last of my end of the year sales, I wanted something to explore these new places, grabbed the Alabeo R66 yesterday right before the sale ended. This is s great helicopter for someone like myself who is mostly a fixed wing flyer. I find it easy to handle and simple yet just enough buttons to click to have a good time. Sounds awesome too!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I bought Flightbeam KIAD and love it ...as good as KDEN (masterpiece)

I rounded out my captain sim collection (707,727,757,767,C130) with the 777, 737 L1011 and B52 during the sale ...great planes for my purposes and yes I have pmdg

Real Air Turbine Duke v2 (amazing...I also have flown the heck out of v1)

Oh yeah...I also got 2 qnix 32" monitors to go with my benq 32" ...my gtx 770 will only do surround in 5760x1080 ... I figure in the future I'll grab a gtx 970 which will allow me to run 7680x1440  :Silly:

20150105_201427_zpsg9nxcai3.jpg

At Christmas, I treated myself to:-

Active Sky Next

UK2000 London City

Aerosoft Dublin

PrecipitFX

SX AIRPORTDESIGN - EXETER | EGTE

Fiber Accelerator <- which 'sort of' works, but most importantly told me where my biggest VAS usage was in my flights. Which I then sorted with the use of Scenery Config Editor for FSX.

I was on Vatsim a lot over Xmas.

My FSX setup is running so sweetly. 

fsx%202015-01-05%2017-59-18-56.png

Fiber Accelerator <- which 'sort of' works, but most importantly told me where my biggest VAS usage was in my flights. Which I then sorted with the use of Scenery Config Editor for FSX.

How does it do that?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

How does it do that?

There's a VAS usage needle showing realtime VAS usage.

So when the needle was up near the 3.8+GB range, I knew was on borrowed time before an OOM.

Dublin Mega Airport, Horizon Ireland VFR scenery and an PMDG 777 don't play well.

I used Scenery Config to turn off the scenery I wasn't using for that flight, Ireland West, Earth Simulations Isle of Man, VFR North of England, London VFR and associated airports.

I have been looking to purchase ftx global base but I'm a little comprehensive on the install for fsx because

at the present time I'M running all the GEX & UTX scenery...so I'm a bit overwhelmed...But when I take a look

at ftx global it looks amazing....So if anyone is out there that converted I would like to hear from you with any

suggestions on how to start with the purchase and what I mean is why do I have to to buy the base pack?

I thought global meant everywhere..

Thanks in advance.

There's a VAS usage needle showing realtime VAS usage.

Ah.  I use process explorer for that sometimes.

Gregg Seipp

Is there a P3D2 version of this product available? :smile:

Jim,

I don't have P3D2, but I would think it's fully compatible. A little stronger bite compared to Stranahan's, but just as clean.

:smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I finally replaced my aged Saitek X52 and replaced it with a Saitek yoke, throttle, and pedals combo. To match my more realistic controls, I picked up the A2A Cherokee. Time to start learning how to really fly, instead of just being a child of the magenta line. I've been following roads and NDBs throughout the pacific northwest! First time I flew a low visibility ILS by hand in that with ASN running was downright terrifying.

Daniel Miller

First time I flew a low visibility ILS by hand in that with ASN running was downright terrifying.

LOL...have to agree. The first time I flew in the soup I got claustrophobic.  Thought "wow, I don't like this."

Gregg Seipp