Sign in to follow this  
luke12

FSX "Fatal Error Has Occured"

Hi,

I have FSX Deluxe Edition running on Windows 7 64 bit, I was taxiing at CYVR, and then FSX freezes. A box pops up saying "fatal error has occured". I have the problem details:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000e52a
Faulting process id: 0x500
Faulting application start time: 0x01d01c7c15a7fef7
Faulting application path: X:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: 49e6188d-8879-11e4-b037-54bef70a9c66

Thanks for any help!

do you have the UIautomated.dll downloaded this helps. also run fsx in W7 compatibility with admin rights.

link for uiautomated.dll(just copy and paste inside of the main fsx directory):

http://fsxeu.com/uiautomationcore-dll/

I'm afraid this is totally incorrect. If any uiautomationcore.dll is placed in the main fsx folder, it can only be one of two versions (see page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide and approximately page 21 of the PMDG Introduction Manual for the 777). The uiautomationcore.dll that crashed was in the System32 folder of Windows which indicates it is the latest module from the Microsoft.net 4 Framework package. It will do this if you do not have Microsoft.net 2.0 and 3.0 and 3.5 installed (these dotnets are installed when you install FSX or a FSX addon (see also page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide).

Thanks for any help!

I would uninstall FSX SP2, run FSX at least one more time, then reinstall SP2. Make sure you used Admin Rights.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi all,

I recently installed FSX Acceleration on a separate hard drive and all seemed well no problems. This morning however I too had a "Fatal Error" occurrence, something I never used to see before. I was in the PMDG 747 and clicked the fuel tag in the PMDG tags along the screen top and poof! 

Is it possible that some update somewhere could cause things to get reset somehow. Just before my Fatal Error I ran my disc cleaner and registary fixer, something I have done many times with no problem and the registry fixer found errors with all 8000+ PMDG sid/star files, weird I thought, so that is what made me run up the PMDG747 and see what happened. Maybe I should have run a different aircraft too, just to see!

Then tonight I see a post on here asking just the same question! 

Unfortunately I didn't get any system details to give you guys any information, sorry about that.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Unfortunately I didn't get any system details to give you guys any information, sorry about that.

The AVSIM CTD Guide has a program called AppCrashView which interprets every Windows Error Report that occurred on your computer since you installed Windows. Look for the most recent fsx crash and post it here.

In regards to errors found with all 8000+ PMDG SiD/Star files, the Registry Cleaner is trained to removed those entries if they are no longer found on your computer system. The registry cleaner just doesn't go in there and wipe our your entries just for the heck of it. So the last NavData you installed probably installed them in a different folder than what you had previously. The registry cleaner didn't see them there anymore so removed them from your registry. This is why registry cleaners are so great and they are getting better. The biggest problem with registry cleaners today (and yesterday), is that people use them and do not disable what they do not want to have removed. For instance, IE History or Cookies. It wipes out those and all of a sudden, after running the registry cleaner, the individual goes back on the Internet and he loses the conveniences he had before the registry cleaner and he has to sign in again everywhere. So one has to make sure he knows exactly what is being done when he runs one of these registry tools.

In order to get a menu crash which sounds like what you are stating, you have to hit the fsx menu and/or right click the aircraft panel at least 19 times in order to get a crash that is fixed by the proper version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder. I think, with the more powerful computer systems today, this is no longer necessary as there is better memory management and systems are more powerful.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the Avsim CTD guide last night and followed some of the advice in there, very useful, thanks. I also put back into the FSX folder the old version of the UIAutomationCore. I had saved it just in case when I reinstalled FSX with the new hard drive. It used to work for me alot better than the v18000 one. 

I also carried out the VAS counter tweaks for FSUIPC as suggested in the guide and was getting 1700000 ish figures. 

I have only done one 90 minute flight since posting my comments yesterday in the A2A C182 but touch wood no Fatal Error so far! Another few flights will be needed yet before I will be happy.

Thanks again for your helpful comments Jim.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.