Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Dramatic Cloud Tile Effect

This can't be right....can it?

Running Latest build of ASN along with REX4 and patched up to P3D v2.4

http://i.imgur.com/R3gUNkK.jpg

Some notes: I am using the latest cloud.fx file LM released for the cloud fix but this was happening before to me as well...

Also, I have tried with and without ASN.

Can't really get that nice sky any more like I used to be able to....Don't know where I should start.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

These are the so called 'vertical' clouds, about which is so much to do with P3D2.4, at the moment.

Have you changed your 2.4 cloud.fx fort he 2.2 version, to fix rotating clouds? After doing that, I had about the same amount of them as in your picture. Changing back to the 2.4 version solved it for 99% for me.

I also had it before and deleting the cloud.fx and repairing P3D solved the majority of it.

This, as well as the rotating clouds, is an old effect, dating back to FSX, but in P3D2.4 it seem to be a lot more prominent. So many of them as you show in the picture is deferentially not right and can be dealt with, but until LM has found a fullproof fix, we'll be seeing some of those, for the time being.

Cheers!

Maarten

Thanks for your help but these aren't the so called vertical clouds....

These are duplicated texture clouds. Can't sort out why its so dramatic and obvious looking.

ELB729.png

a new cloud.fx file was released this morning which fixes the verticals and the "parting clouds".  Be SURE you delete the shaders folder before running P3D. Also try changing the cloud set you are using as this can sometimes cause "patterns". Occasionally you will get the double type effect. So far no one has figured out a fix but it only happen rarely.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi George, you probably have done the Rex4 SP2 update and also did u delete the Temp Shaders file before starting P3d, my clouds do not look like that, these are definately repetitive and ugly.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Yes I did do the REX4 SP2 update...I did delete the Temp shaders as well....What is going on...I cannot nail this....Don't know if REX, ASN or P3D core...or anything else for that matter

ELB729.png

I wanted to let you know your not alone...I have seen this sometimes as well. I have 2.4, the LM cloud patch(cleared the shaders), REX Direct with the newest patch, and running OPUS weather..

I have changed cloud textures several times and still see the repeating textures occasionally... 

This has nothing to do with textures, it's a known core simulator issue, both FSX and P3D.

Hi Tim - does your new soft cloud textures minimize this issue ?

Thanks !