Sign in to follow this  
mak1965

Weather Radar Trouble?

I've been learning something new each day about this impressive aircraft.  

I however, cannot get the weather radar to work.  Is there a switch, button, or knob that needs to be adjusted?   

Also, on Carenado product page, for the Phenom, they have a photo gallery that shows the weather radar with returns.  I wonder why we cant get this to work?

jim

Only thing I've noticed about the weather radar is that it doesn't seem to pick up weather below my flight level. I do get weather returns for weather at or above my current flight level. May be just the way they set it up as I remember someone mentioning that the radar sweep wasn't adjustable. Just my two cents worth.

Randy

Weather radars have never been accurately simulated in FSX. It has always been more for looks than accurate representation of what is happening with the weather.

This may sound stupid, but I've read through the RL Phenom POH and the Carenado documentation and cannot find for the life of me how to access the WX Radar from the MFD. What's the combination to do it? Am I just missing something?!

This may sound stupid, but I've read through the RL Phenom POH and the Carenado documentation and cannot find for the life of me how to access the WX Radar from the MFD. What's the combination to do it? Am I just missing something?!

Yeah, i had the same problem, at first. the WX radar is actually quite awkward to acess, i found it by mistake at first actually. When in flight if you have the MDF displaying the moving map scroll the small FMS Knob to the right a few times, this will offer you different views, the very last one is the WX radar display.