Sign in to follow this  
addman

Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!

Thanks, OP, for this H/U.

Was not planning to get anything but seeing I bought the JF L1011 and was so disappointed that I removed it, might just opt for CS' version. Anyone having both care to comment which is better?

I have the cs 777 and the pmdg ngx. Pmdg is better but only of you are really an expert of systems (which I'm no) and their prices aren't justified IMO. Cs planes are good solid simulations, I have both the 737 and the 777. For 9,99 it really is a no-brainer.

Thanks.

777 and L1011 it is!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was actually thinking about picking up the freighter expansion for my 777 but then I saw that it was already 9,99€, wonder if it'll be even cheaper on the 23rd. Can't be, right?

Not usually unfortunately.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks, OP, for this H/U.

Was not planning to get anything but seeing I bought the JF L1011 and was so disappointed that I removed it, might just opt for CS' version. Anyone having both care to comment which is better?

CS version is a lot better than the original JF release at least, not sure how much better new JF Tristar "Professional" version is, probably still not better than the CS one.

I would definitely recommend the CS L1011 for such a low price.

I'd recommend CS 777 and L1011 for P3D even at their normal price ... having gone thru the process of mapping out all their Lvars to my GoFlight gear and not running into any issues, I'm very impressed with how much details does work.  And the wireless FMC for my Nexus 7 works flawlessly with the CS 777.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy PMDG's products also, but they don't have anything for P3D yet.

I have a bunch of videos on my YouTube channel with the CS 777.

Cheers, Rob.

Would someone be so kind as to share their opinions on the 707, please? The visual model looks really quite nice in screenshot posts, but I've not a clue about the systems modelling on it.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

Just got off the site and it says its 29.99 Euroes.

What am I missing???

The only thing you've missed, was reading through the first post ;-). Sale starts 00:00 UTC DEC23 and ends 23:59 DEC23.

At least you will not have to stand in a long line and fist fight other simmers because they only have 5 L1011's in stock :)

I bought the CS L1011 a couple weeks ago and while I'm kicking myself for not having the discipline to wait for their sale I can say that even at the full price I am not disappointed.  

A few things to be aware of (not really complaints as they haven't stopped me from enjoying this product): 

• You can set the pax load with their Aircraft Configuration Editor, but you have to set the fuel inside FSX.
  • Panel and flood lights are on/off only, no dimming.  What they have is well done, though, IMO. (BTW, the light switches for hydraulics, fuel, etc. are behind the co-pilot's seat.  The third officer would reach down and to the left to get at them.)
  • Although there are two INS displays in the 3D cockpit there is only one INS.  It can be programmed without popping up a panel, though.  The master switches are on the overhead on the pilot's side.
  • Most of the cockpit is functional, but there are some buttons and switches that do nothing. The stuff you really need is there, though, and works like it's supposed to as far as I can tell.
  • There's no tutorial flight, but you can find videos on YouTube that show how to start up the engines and program the INS.

I don't know if the flight model is true-to-life, but it is certainly different than other big tubeliners we know and love.  You don't descend by pulling the throttles back to idle unless you want to fall out of the sky like a rock, and it's slow and lumbers in climbs and turns especially when fully loaded.

Overall, the CS L1011 is a solid offering and is a steal at their sales price.  If you want to ditch the FMC and fly old-school, this is a product worthy of your time.

Richard P. Kelly

I bought the CS L1011 a couple weeks ago and while I'm kicking myself for not having the discipline to wait for their sale I can say that even at the full price I am not disappointed.  

A few things to be aware of (not really complaints as they haven't stopped me from enjoying this product): 

• You can set the pax load with their Aircraft Configuration Editor, but you have to set the fuel inside FSX.
  • Panel and flood lights are on/off only, no dimming.  What they have is well done, though, IMO. (BTW, the light switches for hydraulics, fuel, etc. are behind the co-pilot's seat.  The third officer would reach down and to the left to get at them.)
  • Although there are two INS displays in the 3D cockpit there is only one INS.  It can be programmed without popping up a panel, though.  The master switches are on the overhead on the pilot's side.
  • Most of the cockpit is functional, but there are some buttons and switches that do nothing. The stuff you really need is there, though, and works like it's supposed to as far as I can tell.
  • There's no tutorial flight, but you can find videos on YouTube that show how to start up the engines and program the INS.

I don't know if the flight model is true-to-life, but it is certainly different than other big tubeliners we know and love.  You don't descend by pulling the throttles back to idle unless you want to fall out of the sky like a rock, and it's slow and lumbers in climbs and turns especially when fully loaded.

Overall, the CS L1011 is a solid offering and is a steal at their sales price.  If you want to ditch the FMC and fly old-school, this is a product worthy of your time.

Sounds great, except the INS part. If there is one thing that scares me more than FMC's, it's INS's.

I believe you can install the Simufly CIVA INS which would be preferred as it is the top of the class.  Addman.....there are a few Youtube tutorials on the CIVA INS and once you learn it I think you will find that it is a very rewarding way to navigate....there is something magical about flying from point a to b without any magenta line, just checking the waypoints and distances, referencing agains VOR's and then to arrive safely at your destination....not really that hard either.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Even at $10 USD, most of their products are still overvalued by 10x. The flaws that still remain with their 757 and 767 ("finished products," mind you) are inexcusable.

Anyone interested in the 777 for P3D should likely just wait for the PMDG version. The aircraft is horrible on frames (even on a high-end system) and some of the systems design seems clumsy.

I have been curious about their 1011--as even some CS skeptics like myself have sung its praises--so maybe that's worth checking out.

• Like 1

Would someone be so kind as to share their opinions on the 707, please? The visual model looks really quite nice in screenshot posts, but I've not a clue about the systems modelling on it.

The 707 was the first CS plane I had bought since their C130.  Customer service had improved enough to warrant giving them a second shot.  I think that the visual and VC model of the 707 is very well done, the hallmark of CS products; however, system modeling, while improved still had some issues.  If you search the forums there is quite a bit of info on it.

I don't regret the purchase but, would not have recommended it to a friend at full price which at the time I think was about $60.00 USD.  However, for $10.00 if you like the B707 it'll be money well spent...this I am sure.

RE Thomason Jr.