Sign in to follow this  
klamal

GTX 970 w/ Asus P67 Pro rev3

Definitely. I would notice it with the 560Ti. Now, it's not even something I think about. Autogen, I have my detail radius set to max or whatever the far right setting is. So, inside that radius, I don't notice any autogen loading or popping(though I think this is again something P3D itself solves already and not a benefit from the card). Sorry. I'm maybe not the best person to give in depth reviews. :) I just change settings around until I find the best eye candy/visual experience with smooth flight. So far, there hasn't been a setting I've thrown at this that has caused it to ruin the smooth experience overall.

Going to do a flight now from Aerosoft ESSA to FsDreamteam LSZH(a "heavy" airport for me w/ the old card in FSX). So, we'll see how this performs there...

Sorry for all the questions. Since my build is very close to yours I'm trying to find out if a video card upgrade is worth it overall. I only run fsx. P3D isn't an option for me at the moment. Is it possible for you to test the autogen and texture loading in fsx? I'm curious what the results are.

Sorry for all the questions. Since my build is very close to yours I'm trying to find out if a video card upgrade is worth it overall. I only run fsx. P3D isn't an option for me at the moment. Is it possible for you to test the autogen and texture loading in fsx? I'm curious what the results are.

No problem.  Asking questions is the way we learn so I have no problems at all.  Just wish I was better at answering them for you.  :)

I can try a FSX flight but unfortunately I probably won't get to do that til next week.  After this flight I'm on now in P3D, the holiday travel/festivities start and I don't think I'll have an opportunity to fly again til next week.  Might get a flight in Friday morning, but we'll see.  What plane do you fly in FSX?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No problem. Asking questions is the way we learn so I have no problems at all. Just wish I was better at answering them for you. :)

I can try a FSX flight but unfortunately I probably won't get to do that til next week. After this flight I'm on now in P3D, the holiday travel/festivities start and I don't think I'll have an opportunity to fly again til next week. Might get a flight in Friday morning, but we'll see. What plane do you fly in FSX?

You're doing fine answering. Ideally I'd like to test a 970 in my system just to see but it's not possible. I fly freeware aircraft. Mostly POSKY. Favourite would have to be the A320. When I have more time maybe I'll learn an advanced payware 737. I like 737's. And westjet's fleet mostly consists of 737.

One more question. Are you using "usepools=0"?? As you probably know it puts the load on the video card. I tried it with my 560 ti and made no difference

You're doing fine answering. Ideally I'd like to test a 970 in my system just to see but it's not possible. I fly freeware aircraft. Mostly POSKY. Favourite would have to be the A320. When I have more time maybe I'll learn an advanced payware 737. I like 737's. And westjet's fleet mostly consists of 737.

One more question. Are you using "usepools=0"?? As you probably know it puts the load on the video card. I tried it with my 560 ti and made no difference

Ok, I haven't used freeware aircraft in years.  If I do a flight in FSX, it will probably be with the PMDG 777 but that would mean I have to turn down a lot of settings in order to prevent OOM.  But, I think it would still be interesting to see how that performs now with the new card.  It was ok w/ 560Ti.  Meaning, I could fly it and it was mostly smooth.  But, frames were low teens(somehow still felt smooth though).

I am not using "usepools=0" now in P3D.  No tweaks whatsoever for me right now there.  In FSX, I believe I actually had that for my 560Ti and that seemed the best setting for me even though it's recommended for cards w/ more RAM than the 560Ti.  So, yes, I will use that setting.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Ok, I haven't used freeware aircraft in years. If I do a flight in FSX, it will probably be with the PMDG 777 but that would mean I have to turn down a lot of settings in order to prevent OOM. But, I think it would still be interesting to see how that performs now with the new card. It was ok w/ 560Ti. Meaning, I could fly it and it was mostly smooth. But, frames were low teens(somehow still felt smooth though).

I am not using "usepools=0" now in P3D. No tweaks whatsoever for me right now there. In FSX, I believe I actually had that for my 560Ti and that seemed the best setting for me even though it's recommended for cards w/ more RAM than the 560Ti. So, yes, I will use that setting.

I only get OOM at new york airports or busy high scenery airports such as london. But even then I still get get good frames. But I guess it doesn't help using 100 percent traffic lol. I'm sure if I attempt pmdg I'll have to turn sliders down to prevent further OOM. No fix for that until we see a 64 bit simulator.

I only get OOM at new york airports or busy high scenery airports such as london. But even then I still get get good frames. But I guess it doesn't help using 100 percent traffic lol. I'm sure if I attempt pmdg I'll have to turn sliders down to prevent further OOM. No fix for that until we see a 64 bit simulator.

Yep.  Very true.  The unfortunate world of flight simming right now...everything we do is at a compromise.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Yep. Very true. The unfortunate world of flight simming right now...everything we do is at a compromise.

Yup. I just don't understand how people can run for example aerosoft new york x and an airport scenery with it. I think I was lucky to get 6 fps. I think a person has to pretty much turn off all traffic. All I get is OOM. It's just too much