Sign in to follow this  
MD11Flyer

Aircraft Not Working--Panels, switches, landing gear etc

Before I delve into my problems, I own a 100% legitimate copy of the PMDG 777-200LR/F and -300ER. This is not a cracked version.

Yesterday I ran a clean install of FSX on my desktop, in preparation of starting my 777 home cockpit. However, when I loaded up the 777, all the panels were dark, the Addon Manager wasn't on the upper bar, there was no landing gear, and I couldn't click/move any of the buttons. It looks a lot like photos of cracked addons that I've seen. Some of the other FSX aircraft are messed up, I tried loading the default 737-800, but the EICAS listed the N1 at 2.3%, despite the engines running seemingly at full power in external view. I've tried repairing FSX, and the T7, but it's not working. Below are the are abnormalities I can think of.

-when I loaded the 777-200LR, it didnt ask me for a activation code. I assumed this was because I had activated it on my computer before. Then, when loading the -300ER, a first on my desktop, it asked for a code, and I put in my -200LR/F code by mistake, but it accepted it.

-I didnt remove the T7 before uninstalling FSX (before the re-install). I'm now feeling like this could be part of the problem.

-Finally, the main reason I decided to re-install FSX now was that I couldnt toggle switches in the 777

I'm running Windows 7 Premium on a desktop I built, it has a NVIDA GeForce graphics card, an intel processor, 500 GB of memory and 4 GB of RAM. I'm planning on upgrading to 6-8 GB of RAM within the next week. Could that be part of the issue?

I'm out right now, typing this on my laptop. When I get home tonight I will be able to give more detailed computer specs, as well as upload my FSX.cfg file.

Any ideas? If I cant think of anything by the time I get home and try some stuff, I'm going to run another clean install. Thanks for the help, and happy holidays!

Hi,

Normally, uninstall then clean install of fsx is the last thing to do but in your case if all is messed up, it seems sensible.

However, before uninstalling fsx, I would advise you to uninstall first one by one all the addons (aircrafts, sceneries...). And then do a disc cleaning before reinstalling fsx. It will help having a clean reinstall.

Regarding the activation codes, I recently reinstalled everything and it didn't ask me any activation code. So I guess it saves the codes somewhere in the registry on first install.

At last, as FsX uses maximum 4GB of RAM, I thinks that it always helps to have a bit more RAM for windows and other programs running along, but I don't thing it is the cause of your troubles here.

For the issue with switches, are you using TrackIR or EZdok (EZCA)? Because one of the first cause of not being able to click on anything in the cockpit is when your head gets behind the headrest (it may happens also due to change of position of the aircraft, as the VC view depends on the CG of the aircraft and the position in the world).

If you can flip any switch, try first to move your view ahead and check your head is not inside or behind the headrest. 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Finally, the main reason I decided to re-install FSX now was that I couldnt toggle switches in the 777

I am amazed at the number of folks that think removal and reinstallation of a program will fix problems.  It seldom does, and the installer has a neat little utility called the REPAIR button. Wow.

Now you have a Windows registry that thinks a lot of FSX addons are installed where there are none. Quite a mess. There are utilities out there that will clean this up for you and when you're finally running again give some attention to Romain's suggestion above for the toggle switch problem.

Finally, please note that full names are required on posts in the PMDG forums.

Dan Downs KCRP

@downscc

I have the repair function on both the 777 and FSX already, it isnt working. About the name, my bad, I'm not on AVSIM a ton and I forgot about that.

I'm removing all my addons and testing FSX. After that I'll decide how to proceed I'l post here what happens.

Cheers,

Krikor Hajian

Hi

I have the exact same problem with the 777-300erx Expansion Pack.

I have also tried all that has been suggested and am now at a complete loss!

I have a more than capable system so that's not an issue.

Main concern is that there seems to be no solution that I can find.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Sumner

Finally, the main reason I decided to re-install FSX now was that I couldnt toggle switches in the 777

This is most likely  a activation  issues and  would have been solved a lot earlier  and easier for your self if you would have submitted a ticket where  they would have you sorted out.   As DAn has pointed  it out  surprised Kyle  hasn't  chimed in:)  since  this is one of his pet hates users  thinking that uninstall/ re install will solves things.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

This applies to the above poster as well submit a support ticket in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As all others have mentioned: probably an activation issue. Please go to support.precisionmanuals.com and submit a ticket.

As DAn has pointed  it out  surprised Kyle  hasn't  chimed in:)  since  this is one of his pet hates users  thinking that uninstall/ re install will solves things.

haha - yep.

Extra points for calling it a pet 'hate'. The other version of that term is another pet hate...  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Been a little while but this hasn't been resolved so I decided to keep this going. Still no luck getting the T7 to work. I spent about an hour uninstalling all my addons to make sure they weren't interfering; REX, ASN, KIAD, KBOS, Sim Physics, and about ten payware aircraft, among a few others, and it didn't work. I've tried some of the recommended PMDG things in the support ticket I have with them, but so far it isn't working. I'm going to run through them again now. Also, I have tried some things that friends recommended, such as deleting the FSX.cfg and the shaders folder(s), Now when I load FSX I also get an error message about the PMDG sound something? When I click yes to run it I get a fatal error. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Krikor Hajian

Cheers,
Krikor Hajian

Krikor, Kyle is quite correct. I am sure if you submit a support ticket they will help you out very quickly.

I think you guys missunderstood me. I do have a support ticket with PMDG, but it hasn't resolved anything. This was their most recent response...

We've tried basically everything I know of here. The last thing I can offer is to do a live support session where I actually try to figure out what's going on.

I probably will do the live session, as I really want this to be figured out. The reason for me keepig this thread going was to get another pair of eyes and ideas.

Cheers,

Krikor Hajian