Sign in to follow this  
LoMbRikK

select direct to wpt in fpl

Hi folks,

i had a question. How to select a wpt in fpl to fly directly to it ? Example: When i fly on IVAO and ATC tells me "direct to B wpt", i go on MFD, FPL, select the wpt in question but when i push enter, the MFD select the leg between the wpt A to B but not the B wpt directly !!! I tried, and tried, and tried and always the same result: Leg between wpt, no direct wpt...

Is it an umpteenth limitations of carenado g1000 or a bad manipulation from me ?? Someone had the same prob ??

Thx a lot.

Switch CDI to GPS mode in left MFD.  CDI has 3 modes: VOR1, VOR2, GPS.  I always set this before flight.  Then during flight you can switch between HDG for heading follow or NAV for GPS follow. GPS will follow WPT's.  Make sure you have A/P master on of course.  To fly directly to a WPT by skipping other WPT's can be done by deleting the waypoints up to the one you want to fly to via the FSX FLP menu and save it.  When it asks you if you want to reset your flight just select no and it will update in your GPS.  Hope this helps, Crash.