Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

I am Speechless

My FSX is running with NickN recommended settings using Nvidia Inspector.

As I understand DSR is part of the Nvidia Panel. Was told not to meddle with the Nvidia panel if using inspector. Is there any truth to this or can I set DSR as well.

Thanks and compliments of the Season to all.

My results didn´t show any performance improvement.

IMO, images at 2x and 3x DSR are a little bit less crispy then at native resolution.

Duran.

why is one half of TBI terminal in the middle of lax? lol

that's your question? You should address that at the FSDT Forum.

Not sure why the GTX 550 Ti Isn't on there - it seems to have made the cut on previous updates.

Does it have the Kepler Technology?

My FSX is running with NickN recommended settings using Nvidia Inspector.

As I understand DSR is part of the Nvidia Panel. Was told not to meddle with the Nvidia panel if using inspector. Is there any truth to this or can I set DSR as well.

Thanks and compliments of the Season to all.

Running NI and DSR

Thanks Ric

Just tested running x2 and it definitely has improved sharpness and definition.

Cheers

Does DSR work with gtx970/980 only? No good for gtx780?

Thanks,

Dirk

If you are running a single 1920x1080 monitor, DSR works beautifully using a gtx 780.  I run DX10 use DSR at 4x w/25% smoothing and the performance is no worse (and in some cases better) than using 4x GSAA.  I am happy for the OP's enthusiasm, though IMO the clarity displayed is not a good as one can get with DSR using a gtx 780 and the right settings.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

If you are running a single 1920x1080 monitor, DSR works beautifully using a gtx 780.  I run DX10 use DSR at 4x w/25% smoothing and the performance is no worse (and in some cases better) than using 4x GSAA.  I am happy for the OP's enthusiasm, though IMO the clarity displayed is not a good as one can get with DSR using a gtx 780 and the right settings.

Great, I'll try it and I'm running DX10 as well.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi guys,

I'm a little confused here, and could do with a little advice please. I currently run FSX through my 55 inch hi-def plasma TV at 1920x1080 res. I have a 660Ti graphics card which can run DSR. Only thing is though, when I tested it before (with geForce driver 344.48) I noticed that in the menus and occasionally within the sim, there was some horizontal 'wavering', almost like a heat haze effect.

I was concerned that I might be overloading my card or my TV? Computer seemed to run stabily. Can anybody advise me on this please? Am I pushing my hardware to much?

If so, I will not try it again. If this is not relevant, can somebody advise me of settings please?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

I run DX10 use DSR at 4x w/25% smoothing and the performance is no worse (and in some cases better) than using 4x GSAA. 

At this settings what are your:

MultiSamplesPerPixel=XX
MultiSampleQuality=XX

In nVidia Inspector what do you see in 'Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling' field?

Thanks,
Dirk.

Especially since I am running at 3.0 and 33%. Thought about replacing my 680 for a 780 but the $600  :Shocked:  price tag stopped me. where I am noticing most of the improvement is Airport and Aircraft lighting, especially AI lights. Clouds look better too.

Hi guys,

I'm a little confused here, and could do with a little advice please. I currently run FSX through my 55 inch hi-def plasma TV at 1920x1080 res. I have a 660Ti graphics card which can run DSR. Only thing is though, when I tested it before (with geForce driver 344.48) I noticed that in the menus and occasionally within the sim, there was some horizontal 'wavering', almost like a heat haze effect.

I was concerned that I might be overloading my card or my TV? Computer seemed to run stabily. Can anybody advise me on this please? Am I pushing my hardware to much?

If so, I will not try it again. If this is not relevant, can somebody advise me of settings please?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

What you are probably experiencing is "Shimmering" I got that too and got rid of it through Nvidia Inspector. I set DX10 Fixer to 8x and NI accordingly as per the manual. Still experimenting. though.

Not sure why the GTX 550 Ti Isn't on there - it seems to have made the cut on previous updates.

Hi,

I have the GTX 550 Ti, and together with the 347.09 drivers it works very well. I run with 3.0 on a 27" 1920x1080. Smooth performance. :smile:

Staffan