Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

I am Speechless

At this settings what are your:

MultiSamplesPerPixel=XX
MultiSampleQuality=XX

In nVidia Inspector what do you see in 'Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling' field?

Thanks,
Dirk.

I use 16x CSAA, which is

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=16
I use the NI defaults for Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling; there is no need for it with 3x or 4x DSR.  Also I've enabled 16x AF in NI which works only if you are using Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Especially since I am running at 3.0 and 33%. Thought about replacing my 680 for a 780 but the $600  :Shocked:  price tag stopped me. where I am noticing most of the improvement is Airport and Aircraft lighting, especially AI lights. Clouds look better too.

What you are probably experiencing is "Shimmering" I got that too and got rid of it through Nvidia Inspector. I set DX10 Fixer to 8x and NI accordingly as per the manual. Still experimenting. though.

Higher DSR smoothing settings effectively soften the focus, which is what I notice in your very nice screen shot (or maybe it's an artifact of how your image was desampled to lower its resolution for web posting?).  Also higher smoothing cleans up shimmering.  It's all a matter of preference; I'll gladly exchange sharper texture and edge details for a tiny bit of tree shimmer, so I use 25% smoothing with DSR.  If DSR smoothing is too low it produces jaggy edges.  8x AA, versus 8x CSAA is very FPS taxing in some situations, which you probably know.  With DSR 8x may be overkill since AA/CSAA is applied at the DSR resolution, i.e. before the frame is downsambled to your monitor's resolution.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I think there´s a "placebo virus" on Avsim, FSX-SE double FPS, and now this, it´s weird..

:mellow:

Haha.. SO TRUE !!! Although this came before FSX:SE ...

Bonjour,

I think there´s a "placebo virus" on Avsim, FSX-SE double FPS, and now this, it´s weird..

I must admit that this "placebo DSR" works for me. (PMDG 737NG - Windows 7 - DX10 - GTX 780 ).

The cockpit is sharper, and FSX seems more fluid.

If the FSX Steam version is also a placebo like that, sure I'll make the jump.

Thank you Capt Speirs (Ric) for your speechless post.

Bonne Année 2015.

Claude

Claude Troncy

I use 16x CSAA, which is

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=16
I use the NI defaults for Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling; there is no need for it with 3x or 4x DSR.  Also I've enabled 16x AF in NI which works only if you are using Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Yes, I'm using Steve's DX10 Fixer. 

Much thanks for the settings!

Dirk.

Hey guys, 

Been monitoring this post for a while, and im interested in setting mine up now also.

I have the recent nvidea drivers.

GTX 770, 1920 X 1080 monitor, steves DX10 fixer

Any suggestions on settings for that??

Thanks in advance

I confirm - quality and performance gain (in DX10) are pretty amazing. I'm happy with 8x CSAA (dx10fixeer) and MultiSampleQuality=8 and MultiSaplesPerPixel=4, the qualtiy and performance are great! Perhaps I'm the lucky one with my hardware.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hello,

I have been following this post for a while too and I am interested if somebody is using this in DX9?

Can somebody share his findings using it with DX9

And what is better using it together with Nvidea Inspector ---- or not??

Maybe someone can post it with screenshots of your settings NI ?

Regards Robert

Hello,

I have been following this post for a while too and I am interested if somebody is using this in DX9?

Can somebody share his findings using it with DX9

And what is better using it together with Nvidea Inspector ---- or not??

Maybe someone can post it with screenshots of your settings NI ?

Regards Robert

I tried it without NI and it ways pretty bad, might have something to do with DX 10 Fixer. 

I am now running;

DX 10 Fixer 8x

NI  8x Sparse Grid Supersampling

DSR 4.0

DSR Smoothing 25%

Thanks Captain!

If I understand It correct you are flying the PMDG T7, any problems using this aircraft with DX10? Because I only fly 737ngx and 777!

Regards Robert

Thanks Captain!

If I understand It correct you are flying the PMDG T7, any problems using this aircraft with DX10? Because I only fly 737ngx and 777!

Regards Robert

No Problem at all. The PMDG 737 NGX has issues with cockpit shadows because they put a silly box around it the 777 doesn't have.

but you need atleast 1920x1080 ( minimum ) to see the improvements.. my monitor's native reso is 1440x900 and the results is crap :D