Sign in to follow this  
ricktorbe

It's been Real- I'm out

I believe you all add some good points into this topic. As I have mentioned previously, P3D is better than FSX in several terms. However, at this time, it does not fulfills my interests. P3D is still a "WIP" simulator and I am sure it will only get better; especially if they come up with a 64Bit version. I'm sure most of us will eventually leave FSX, just as we did way back since 1998.I'm also in the process of building a new system. I've had a delay but hopefully will get back to it soon.

In the mean time, let's enjoy what we have and hope LM will improve our hobby as much as we desire. And, of course, other developers will make their products compatible with what's coming up, as well.

Peace be with you                                              (and also with me)  :Batting Eyelashes:

WIP? A few outstanding bugs, yes, but WIP compared to FSX, that must be a joke :) (although FSX:SE might be better in that regard).

Anyway, enjoy your flights, whatever sim you choose.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I guess it boils down to what your needs are. P3D fulfills my flying needs perfectly. Far better than FSX ever did so that's where I stay.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

WIP? A few outstanding bugs, yes, but WIP compared to FSX, that must be a joke :) (although FSX:SE might be better in that regard).

Anyway, enjoy your flights, whatever sim you choose.

That's true

I guess it boils down to what your needs are. P3D fulfills my flying needs perfectly. Far better than FSX ever did so that's where I stay.

Vic

Hey Vic, I agree. IT certainly is a better sim. The thing with my case is I enjoy the "heavy add-ons: and some are not compatible, and others cause almost sudden OOM. In the near future I should complete building my new system. Perhaps that would help; along with developers making more addons compatible with P3D. And also if P3D makes a 64bit version, that would be wonderful, as well.

In the mean time, I'll be flying within FSX-DX10.

That's true

Hey Vic, I agree. IT certainly is a better sim. The thing with my case is I enjoy the "heavy add-ons: and some are not compatible, and others cause almost sudden OOM. In the near future I should complete building my new system. Perhaps that would help; along with developers making more addons compatible with P3D. And also if P3D makes a 64bit version, that would be wonderful, as well.

In the meant time, I'll be flying within FSX-DX10.

You have to do what makes YOU happy. That's what this is all about. I don't fly the heavies but I have the Majestic Q400 and I have to plan carefully due to VAS usage, so I undertstand your issues.

I feel sure that P3D will keep growing and that 64bit is in the not too distant future and that will resolve a lot of issues that many people have with the current sim.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You have to do what makes YOU happy. That's what this is all about. I don't fly the heavies but I have the Majestic Q400 and I have to plan carefully due to VAS usage, so I undertstand your issues.

I feel sure that P3D will keep growing and that 64bit is in the not too distant future and that will resolve a lot of issues that many people have with the current sim.

Vic

Thank you for your understanding, Vic  I did not want to make the other guys upset. In fact, I was about to reinstall P3D tonight to make these guys happy.

But with your words of wisdom, I won't. LoL

But it's true, the idea is that we need to go with what's best for us. Honestly, I fell in love with P3D when I installed and tried, but as I began adding more and more stuff, it turned out, sadly, disappointing.  I couldn't believe my eyes seeing an OOM every 2 minutes. And if I lower the settings too much to make it run, then the sim was just too vague.  Now, I must say, this came with heavy airports and aircrafts... no AI. I'm hoping with the new system I'll complete next year, and other improvements, I'll manage it. One o f the biggest VAS usage I noticed was with HiRes mesh.. it added about 800Mb to VAS quickly.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working well for you.  Maybe a little hiccup leaving and entering Burbank, I guess? Hopefully it won't be too long that I'll be back to P3D.

Looks like I hold off for a while. I was ready to jump last week but after all the problems people are having with add-ons and such I'll wait a little longer and see what 2.5 brings.

Great thread ! 

I'm for a complete overhaul myself.   I'm sure hoping LM does the complete DX12 re-write in 64-bit, fully optimized for SLI, then bring on the 3-way SLI.   What a fabulous opportunity to develop a solid new core w/ a good 6-10 year service life in it, and established 3rd party content developers would love to have it to write for.    In the mean time we have lots of stuff to play w/ in either sim.   I just landed a KPHX HD at night, w/ fabulous night lighting.  .733Gb VAS remaining.   Performance was pretty sucky though at taxi time upon arrival. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

If you have 733GB left after a flight, then you're laughing :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I just landed a KPHX HD at night, w/ fabulous night lighting.  .733Gb VAS remaining.

I've been in GoFlight programming land.  After completing the CS 777, moved on to the A2A C182, and just finished up Aerosoft A320 ... during the process of detecting Lvars/events I had the aircraft airborne for 6+ hours (as some of the things I needed to program required being airborne like the GF MCP-Pro autopilot module).  Anyway, after a long long flight I landed, checked VAS at gate and was at 3.189 GB so over 800MB left (some nasty weather too - OpusFSI).

Cheers, Rob.

If you have 733GB left after a flight, then you're laughing :lol:

Shush!  I have the one copy of P3D 64-bit don't tell anyone!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X