Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

Realair duke v2 problem

Hi! i just bought the realair duke v2 as my cristhmas present, really nice plane but I have a problem, everytime when I,m going to land at about 60 ft and 85/90 knots the plane rolls to the right or left violently about 45* degrees, I manage to land it after that, but an unartificial movement, I,m using ftx and last Asn version. If anybody could help. Thank you.

Hey there! 

Try to setup the realism settings as described on the manual, I think crashing detection must be disabled.

Check the ouside view, I think the problem is that one of the landing gears won't go down.

Let us know if you could fix it.

Also check it's not wake turbulence from ASN

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You should also check any Accusim settings you might have.  V2 comes with custom accusim settings.

Sometimes they can interfere with each other so best to turn off accusim.

Hirdy

So crash detection within FSX must be disabled? I also just purchased this and am hopeful that I do not run into this problem. I enjoy the crash detection.

The Duke v2 has an error in the cfg. If you want to run with crash detection on:

Open the v2 aircraft.cfg in notepad and fix the contact point as follows:

[contact_points]

change

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3,1, 2, 152, 200

to

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3.1, 2, 152, 200

notice the period rather than comma at item 12 (starting from 0) should be "3.1", and not "3,1", the comma increases the item count.

The comma instead of decimal point effectively adds a new item into the comma delimited string, in the place for gear speed, presenting a "2" as the failure speed for the gear. So as soon as we set off over two knots, the overspeed is flagged. Also the gear sound is lost.

When the B60v2 Config Panel is used to change the suspension setting (hard/soft), the comma is reintroduced and will need hand editing to a period in the meantime. I contacted Rob at RealAir about it, but they would need to fix the config program.

(edit) Remember even with crash detection set to off the fix should be made so that the gear sounds are correct.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thank very much everyone! Tomorrow I will try all this when back home and will report here if it has been fixed. I think is going to be something related with the wake turbulence of asn, my crash detection is already off. Best regards and merry christmas!