Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Pet Peeves

Guest ba747heavy

We all have them. So what is your pet peeve, the one thing you can't stand in the world?I will say that my pet peeve are these people who can't type right....using phonetic 'spellings' of words. U instead of You, r instead of are, 4 instead of for...not capitilaizing(sp I know) words...no punctuation. :-mad"r u going 4 a flight 2day" - a good example of a 'sentence' written in phonetics. Drives me nuts.That is such an ignorant way to express yourself. You end up looking childish, and lacking in the intelligence department. I am fairly certain that people who type that way aren't lacking in intelligence(ok, must of them aren't dummies ;)). It seems that most 'young people' (this is coming from a guy who is 18) are lazy when they type; thus they use the phonetic typing. But, really, is it that much more effort to type two more characters to get the word that you are shortchanging? :)Sorry for posting such a odd topic, but the forum is really slow(lack of posts) so I figured I could liven it up a bit ;)

Y3@h d00d th@t gh3tz r3@| @nn0yin sUmtim3z L0Lz !!haha just kidding, Fred :D :(My pet peeve would probably be either cracking knuckles or people interrupting me/others when talking! I can't stand it :-lol Also it could be when people talk in "Hacker" language :-lol "im so 733~~~~~~~ olololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ i type with cApitals 4nnd nuumbars!!!!!!!!1 "Jay :-waveEDIT: Forgot one- it's when people spell grammar with an "er" - grammer. "Dude, use proper grammer!" argh! :-lol

>>So what is your pet peeve, the one thing you can't stand in the world?I82QB4IP

>I82QB4IP... :-hmmm I ate two q's before I p33... *ahem* :-hmmEDIT: Oh! :-lol haha "I hate to queue before I p3e" (Dont know if thats considered foul around these parts *:-* :-lol )

That's indeed a pet peeve of mine as well.But first must come people saying something is "a simple question" or "a simple patch" when they don't know the first thing about what they're talking about.If it were so simple, why don't you know the answer to the question?

Guest daveg4otu

The sort of post that has maybe 15 or 20 lines of text without a single punctuation mark or capital letter. Usually the writer is asking for help or has a problem of some kind.Can't they see that if you make the question easy to understand , you're more likely to get a helpful answer. Bearing in mind that in these (and other forums), although the language used is english , many of the participants are not english speakers, surely it makes sense to make your question (or answer) as understandable as possible.It's fairly obvious that the worst offenders are english speakers, it seem that most non-english speakers will make the effort to get their posting as correct as they can(often including an apology for any language errors).The other thing that doesn't help is when someone posts with a problem but fails to give any kind of detail about the problem.EG:hey people you gotta help me i switched my puta on today and it didnt work when i started out to play with my fs2006 it just sat there with nothing happenning whats wrong i gotta get this fixed i cant stand life without it help me( etc. etc. etc.) Nothing I like better than having a good moan first thing on a Sunday morning!Have a nice day everyone.Dave

TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!! Oops, sorry. :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I just cringe every time I see "QUANTAS" written in the forums here at Avsim. For general information the name is "QANTAS" ( no U ) and is an abreviation of the original name of the founding company"Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service"Roger

Guest glnflwrs

I guess my pet peeve is excessive foul language. I must admit that a good curse is like spice and it can, sometimes, if used properly, drive a point home. But like any other spice, excessive use spoils the flavor. In most cases excessive cursing, according to my personal observation, is used as a replacement for more complex and appropriate language. I just have to assume that those who spout exceedingly foul are just not intelligent enough to say what they really mean. I don't know, maybe they really do mean all that rubbish. Women who curse habitually are really attractive. Add a smoking butt in their mouth and a side mouth drawl and voila, Ms. F*****g America. Oops. Hehehe.Glenn

Guest ba747heavy

I forgot a pet peeve of mine. I remembered it today when I went to a website using Mozilla and some of the features didn't work. So then I open up IE, go to this website, and walah it works. ARGH!! :-mad Why do people automatically assume that the whole world uses IE!?! I dispise any webmaster that only makes there website work with one browser.:)

Guest Erick_Cantu

The phrase 'pet peeve.' That and other people.

Guest ba747heavy

I'm waiting for the wise guy who says 'My pet peeve is people asking about pet peeves', or 'My pet peeve is people who start dumb forum topics' ;)

>>I went to a website using Mozilla and some of the features didn't >>work. So then I open up IE, go to this website, and walah it works. >>ARGH!! Why do people automatically assume that the whole world >>uses IE!?! I dispise any webmaster that only makes there website work with one browser.Pet Peeve? People who use some micky mouse amateur web browser and then when it doesn't work right say "It's the webmasters fault!" and expect him to write everything a dozen different ways to support every hincky piece of software that can't handle the new features he wants to use.(Now THAT should end the post drought...... )Richard

Guest ba747heavy

Richard,:)

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) and walah it works (...)"Pet peeve? Monolingual Americans who think "voil