Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

MD-11 appears to work in FSX-Steam Edition

Until DT resolve the terrrain.dll error CTDs, I for one am not prepared to abandon FSX-MS completely as I'd have no alternative sim to play with. I reckon I'll wait till PMDG do decide to patch the MD-11 for FSX-SE.

Sorry; as above, I only have (ever had) FSX:SE on my system which I think is the reason I'm still working. I half-fancy the NGX may work OK but I'm still going to hold out for the patch.

This is good for all.  The PMDG MD-11 is one of the most amazing things ever made in the history of flight sim.  Only morons don't appreciate the PMDG md-11, and what it means.

I agree 100%. I am having a hard time trying to make it work on FSX-SE and it is hard to accept PMDG's decision to not provide support for it.

Hi guys anyone of you have problems with ILS signal alignment?

In every airport LOC magenta bar is not aligned with runways centerline, and I have to disconnect autopilot (good and right thing) and land manually.

This problem was reported as frequent in FSX and solved with Flight1 repair registry tool, but in FSX:SE?

Any ideas? maybe the problem could be solved in another way.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

FYI you can solve the problem running F1 Registry Tool, I only have installed FSX:SE, not boxed. Now my MD11 works fine!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I agree 100%. I am having a hard time trying to make it work on FSX-SE and it is hard to accept PMDG's decision to not provide support for it.

They didn't say that they will not support. They had other goals at first.

They made 777 and 737 compatible for the FSX SE.

Now they will check the Legacy Versions (MD11 and 747).

Relax.

Everybody know they purchased MD11 for FSX, not FSX:SE. They will make it compatible but they need time. So give them the time. Anyway there are ways to get it work as you can see here in the thread.

Any updates folks?

Can my MD11 be installed into SE (with fsx legacy) without a song and dance?

Chris H

spacer.png

Chris you can go safe, install it and go fly! Works perfectly.

Riccardo

Chris you can go safe, install it and go fly! Works perfectly.

Dude, what do you mean please.

spacer.png

This is good for all.  The PMDG MD-11 is one of the most amazing things ever made in the history of flight sim.  Only morons don't appreciate the PMDG md-11, and what it means.

+1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dude, what do you mean please.

I'm sorry Chris, I didn't read "with fsx legacy", I only installed FSX:SE (no boxed FSX:MS at all, completely uninstalled). I've made a fresh FSX:SE installation and then installed MD11.

If you have SE and MS in parallel there could be some issues, like ILS misalligned.

Riccardo

For button "Send to FSX" in "Load Manager" rename "MD-11F.air" file to "MD-11F.AIR" and "MD-11.air" - to "MD-11.AIR" in SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11F and SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11 folders

For button "Send to FSX" in "Load Manager" rename "MD-11F.air" file to "MD-11F.AIR" and "MD-11.air" - to "MD-11.AIR" in SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11F and SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11 folders

As first posts go this is a gem. Thanks for this, I've been wondering how to get that button working with my FSX-SE install. The fix also works with the 747X.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sorry to resurrect a somewhat old thread, but I've noticed when flying this in SE, pretty much every time I approach a fix, even if I have to do a left turn after the fix, the aircraft banks right about 10 or so degrees, and then left again. I don't remember this ever happening previously.

There have been quite a few other issues as well. I just ended up uninstalling it, unfortunately.

Anyone else having these issues, as mentioned above? Some make it sound fine whereas others don't.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired