Sign in to follow this  
WR269

IFLY Boeing 747 v2 Hotfix released

You will find details in the iFly forums.

Note, the Hotfix is for FSX only, the FS9 version is due out in the next few days.

Hopefully SP1 on its way

It is.

Have they added flood lights to the VC (...)?

No. At least not yet.

Over 50 issues have been fixed.

Since the release note was shown in the customer restricted area, I am not sure it would be legal to paste it here.

That is good news Robert, can you share your impression of the aircraft now with the Hotfix in place? Has it improved noticeably? Am hopeful the P3D version is released soon.

You will find details in the iFly forums.

Note, the Hotfix is for FSX only, the FS9 version is due out in the next few days.

How does it compare to PMDG's 747, getting a little tired of waiting for their V2.

Can you share your impression of the aircraft now with the Hotfix in place?

Although the list of fixes is quite long, I must say there were no critical bugs at the moment of release. So, at least for me, none of the fixes has changed this addon into another one. They are either visual (resizing the yoke, new engine cones, missing alphas, etc) or very technical (e.g. click spot offsets, ETA calculations, FMC progress page, etc), so I am not sure I have experienced anything new in my only flight I made after the hotfix.

How does it compare to PMDG's 747

There is no fair comparison to be made. PMDG 747X is an eight-year-old product. iFly is like two months old now. It uses newest development technologies. The VC looks awesome, there is huge attention to details in the 2014 standards, animations are great. Most if not all systems are recreated, there are extra goodies, like terrain display ar weather radar, etc.Sure it comes for a price. I think PMDG would perform better in terms of FPS, but that is for the mentioned reasons. Of course I hope the SP1 will include some performance optimisation, too - I wouldn't mind some extra frames.

Soon as we find a FSX Linda module for the IFly B747V2 I am on it. But without for me an airliner like this is not usable mouse is no option. I do not know if there is a SDK for the 747, that would help a lot. Maybe FSUIPC macros can be used but this is not sure.

Cheers Tom

There is no fair comparison to be made. PMDG 747X is an eight-year-old product. iFly is like two months old now.

I just watched a video of this aircraft and I must say it is impressive. I was however not impressed with the exterior, very low poly count compared to PMDG. It is actually very poor, I thought it was AI Traffic, the wheels and tires are awful, the turbine nacelles are very blocky. Look at time line 2:00 to 2:21. there also seems to be no or very little wing flex, hopefully all this will be addressed in a SP. Believe me I want this plane, just not quite there yet.

the turbine nacelles are very blocky

Please note two things:

- the above is an FS2004 version video

- engines/turbines were already remodelled in the hotfix <- let me quote the appropriate fix list parts:

'Adjusted Engine blades and cones to represent more accurately the real RR, PW, GE'

'If you want to see the updated engine fans, cone and inlets with your repaints, then copy the following files from the default texture.iFly livery to your repaints.'

Remember I do not represent Flight1 or iFly in any way. I am just a simmer who tries to share some objectve experience of using this addon.

I just watched a video of this aircraft and I must say it is impressive. I was however not impressed with the exterior, very low poly count compared to PMDG. It is actually very poor, I thought it was AI Traffic, the wheels and tires are awful, the turbine nacelles are very blocky. Look at time line 2:00 to 2:21. there also seems to be no or very little wing flex, hopefully all this will be addressed in a SP. Believe me I want this plane, just not quite there yet.

The flex will not be changed.  If you think you are seeing an AI plane and blocky shapes there is something desperately wrong with your setup.

DJ

If you think you are seeing an AI plane and blocky shapes there is something desperately wrong with your setup.

DJ

I doubt it. As was already posted by robertwolant, I saw the FS2004 video, that explains it. So I will be buying the iFly 747.

I couldn't care less how it looks on the outside...I don't use the outside view for more than a few minutes each flight.  All I care about is how it flies and how realistic the office is.