Sign in to follow this  
GFD150

IFly 737 or PMDG 737

Both; that way you keep everyone here at AVSIM happy. :rolleyes:

Love Mike's idea!  However, since Flight1 offers a 30 day money back guarantee, why not download the iFly and give it a try?

DJ

I'll be the politically incorrect one;  PMDG.   Superior product.   I tried both and had a less than desirable experience with the iFly.  Your mileage may vary.   iFly has a lot of nice little extra animations in it but I didn't get my 737 to watch windows open and close.  I got the PMDG because the flight model and systems simulation are extremely detailed.

That being said, if you  ever plan to get a JettMAXX cockpit or build your own realistic cockpit then the iFly Cockpit builders edition is what you want.  According to JettMAXX, the PMDG does not play nice nice in a cockpit builders setup because you can't offload parts of the plane's systems to other computers.  You are stuck with all or nothing.

As stated above though, Flight 1 offers a money back on the iFly so it wouldn't hurt to try it.   Both planes can be very demanding on your system so be prepared.   Don't expect 50 FPS in the virtual cockpit like default aircraft give you.  Both aircraft do complicated systems number crunching and have highly detailed models.   Most can get between 25-35 FPS.   Start piling on payware airports, bad weather and lots of  AI traffic and its ouch time.

These are just my experiences.   Like I said, your mileage may vary.   For my vote though, PMDG.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have both, i use ifly in pr3d it has the bbj model that i find a lot of fun to fly.

I probably use the pmdg one about 10% of the time now as the bbj is so much fun to fly. A lot of ppl report 20 fps in vc i am getting around 30 with ut2 at 30%.

Regards Ted Kiser

The iFly has a better value for money (cheaper, more models, huge variety of configurations, etc) but the PMDG is more faithful to the real one in many aspects.

Personally i prefer the PMDG version.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I was happy with the ifly.. AndI try the PMDG... I just uninstall the iFly, and now I"m really Happy 

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Love Mike's idea!  However, since Flight1 offers a 30 day money back guarantee, why not download the iFly and give it a try?

DJ

Where does flight1 say they give a 30 day money back guarantee?

Where does flight1 say they give a 30 day money back guarantee?

Refunds and Returns

As a general policy, subject to the refund policies listed below, Flight1 allows most products to be returned or refunded within 30 days unless it is noted on the product page for the title that the sale is final. In some cases a refund may not be able to be processed. Please read the information below for more information on our refund policies.

Refund Policies:

On boxed or CD ROM titles, only the 
product price
 is refunded, not the shipping. All products must also be returned in excellent condition, with no items or inserted material missing.

If your order was purchased from a file using the Flight1.com Download E-Commerce system, we will require you to fill out a simple online affidavit stating proper removal of the title and keys from your computer. This is handled online via our 

Please note that in some instances your ability to purchase new products or receive refunds may be limited if it turns out there is a considerably high rate of refunds associated with a credit card number, person, or email address. This is to protect Flight1 against potential fraud (see the notes in the fraud section below), or bank expenses. We want to be as fair as possible, and it is common for there to be an occasional refund. If your accounts are flagged in our system, and you want to discuss this with Flight1 administrators, please contact us via our 

After flying the PMDG one for years I reinstalled iFly and could not believe how inferior it looked.  The textures and models don't come close.  The PMDG sounds are also higher fidelity.  I promptly removed it again and stayed with PMDG.  It is still my favorite addon to date.  I've accumulated more hours on it than anything else.

Just my 1.5 cents... I wouldn't give up the NGX for anything.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

In what way the ifly is more realistic  than the ngx   is the thing I want  to know since I got both, poor cartoon,  we are talking  about  a simulation not  Donald duck :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In simple words  is that when the ngx  came out  the ifly 737  went into the hanger and never to come out again :rolleyes:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only thing the iFly has over the NGX is the amount of models, and the windscreen dimensions. That is only because of the realistic HUD that comes with the NGX. To be honest, the iFly cockpit looks like it has been painted in MS Paint, and they have never been great or cared less about cockpit lighting.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.