Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

LatinVFR finally released KSNA

How is the performance, as far as smoothness/stutters/framerates?

Still downloading from Simmarket.Two hours left, they must be busy. 

I started a thread on this earlier, but I'm a horrible thread starter, so kind of glad you made a new one. My experience with performance has been good. Two round trips in the same flight session to Vegas and then Phoenix, starting in the day flying through sunset into night, with all my Southern CA scenery enabled, did not produce a Sys Internals PE reading higher than 2.8gb. FPS were mid to high 20s. It's a real treat to have a detailed version of KSNA. I've been flying in and out of it non stop. The building around Irvine were done very well, and the nighttime environment is believable. Traffic routes correctly through the freeways surrounding the airport... It's a great overall experience, and gives me alot of deja vu. I am very thankful to Latin VFR for making it.     

I do have a few complaints though... I seem to be getting freezes over Tustin MCAS (but only on my base leg for left pattern 20L/R). I have a feeling it's something to do with the MCAS exclude. Luckily, it doesn't effect straight-in approaches for 20R, which is how the majority of flights land. And the nighttime photoreal is too bright in places, and overly saturated in red by the Newport Harbor coast. Almost looks like fire. Besides these two niggles, it's a great scenery and certainly the best KSNA out there now.  

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.  I watched the two videos on YouTube from ADXLive, and they look pretty stuttery at times, and that is with minimal traffic it seems.

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.  I watched the two videos on YouTube from ADXLive, and they look pretty stuttery at times, and that is with minimal traffic it seems.

I I have seen quite a few of videos from developers of there product and amazingly they have a lot of stutter. When I use their product there is no stutter. So far LatinVFR KSNA has been stutter free and very smooth.

I seem to be getting freezes over Tustin MCAS (but only on my base leg for left pattern 20L/R). I have a feeling it's something to do with the MCAS exclude. Luckily, it doesn't effect straight-in approaches for 20R, which is how the majority of flights land.

I did more testing and the freeze I was experiencing was due to another scenery. Sorry for mentioning it before. I do not have any performance issues with LatinVFR KSNA now, it's been very smooth. Great airport.