Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Converting FSX content to Flight

Do you have a clean install of both or have you installed any addons to either?

Do you have a clean install of both or have you installed any addons to either?

It's a clean install of both - FSX Gold Edition and the Steam Edition.

With FSX SP2, I get all the san francisco bridges... but flight crashes on tokyo.

(35.553208, 139.781200): LOD '3' contains no meshes.  Only the lowest LOD is allowed to have no meshes.
(35.553208, 139.781200): Model 'yokahama_bay_bridge' failed to load.

Dick

Edit: Never mind, got it working.

I had both Steam and GFWL versions installed.

After coverting the FSX scenery and installing the World Region addon, I had to run the Steam version and set Non-GFWL in AddOnManager.

Please advise me...

I have a clean install of Steam FSX.

I have successfully converted the FSX scenery using the command line utility.

I have Flight installed via GFWL.

I have a few addons installed (a few liveries)

I added World Region addon.

When I ran Flight after converting scenery, it said loading content for quite a few minutes then started normally.

When I run Flight, there is only Hawaii and Alaska, no World map option.

When I converted the scenery and installed the World Region addon, I selected OfficialGFWL both times as I think that's what I have.

Please tell me what I've done wrong.

I think you need to use the NonGFWL mode at the moment for the whole world to show up.

I think you need to use the NonGFWL mode at the moment for the whole world to show up.

Thanks majuh. Although I seem to have it working. I'm still not clear on what NonGFWL mode actually is.

Is it just selecting the option in AddOnManager, or do I have to run the Steam Flight.exe, or something else?

If you have both GFWL and Steam versions of Flight installed you should probably uninstall one of them (preferably the Steam one).  The Non-GFWL mode installs a replacement for GFWL which will allow you to use aerocaches, and has a more correct DLC\addon loading code path that doesn't require modifying any files of the Flight installation.  It also avoid some problems people have where they can't play because they don't have a LIVE key.

The Official GFWL uses GFWL as Flight was intended to run, but because they took down the official Flight servers there are no working aerocaches.  It also requires the toolkit to modify some of the Flight files so that it can load the DLC\addons.  Theoretically the FSX conversion should work in this mode but people have reported it crashing, so there is obviously a problem with it.

There is already an option for that, but it doesn't do a good job at converting the physics model since that code was completely rewritten for Flight.  All the aircraft require hand converting the physics model basically and no one has seemed interested in doing that.

I did try to use that option on a a free FSX addon, It was an extra 300  which I think would be pretty close to the RV,there is a aircraft.cfg  but the builder crashes, should I send you the crash code?

Thanks for getting me this far, I really appreciate how you can have kept this game alive for all of us, and if I run across anyone who has the aptitude for the physic model I'll sending them your way. Also this may be a bit off topic, but there is a youtube video of a guy using 3 monitors on Flight, I did some searching and the word is unlike FSX, Flight does not support multi-monitors, so how can he be using 3 monitors? It's possible to tweak the code or some kind of mod to make it at least do two monitors?

Thanks

Naw, the crash code doesn't help unless I can reproduce the problem.

Both nVidia and ATI drivers have features in the driver to support multi-monitor setup as a single monitor, and that is how people do it.

Ok I guess I will just keep trying, my Nvidia control  does allow me to setup muti monitor and extend across to another monitor but I was thinking more along the lines of how in FSX you can have various multiple views I.E. tower, chase, gauges, etc in different windows and my guess is that's not supported in Flight from what I can see.

Yeah, that doesn't work in Flight.  Those features had lots of bugs in FSX so we removed them in Flight.

Hi Steve.

When using this batch file :

MkDir FSX-SE_Base
"Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter" FSX /l:fsx_se_conversion.log /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"FSX-SE_Base" /a
Pause

I get an error with the latest version (1.1.4). It states it cannot find `FSX-SE_Base\FSX World\scenery'

And that folder does not get created, as it does in older versions (1.1.1)... so something got broke in the ContentConverter.

Dick

What is the last version you ran through the converter? (Should say in FSXWorld\OutputStatus.txt, if it exists)