Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

Yes, very fmiliar with PFE and using it too. Both RC4 and PFE are worthy ATC add-ons. Unfortunately it's not a straight copy the process and try it with the other. We've actually did. So far not connecting. There are subtle differences that need to be worked out.

Will need to try other things, and hopefully will be interfaced at some point. We are confident it can be done.

It's Just that the schedule is a bit tight, with ongoing support for various complex X-Plane aircraft.

Will let you know when there is a breakthrough

Gerald,

Thanks very much for the reply. Fortunately I own RC4 also so I look forward to the release of that plugin.

NAX669.png

Running the trial today, are there some manuals / lists of commands somewhere?

Edit: please disregard, I have found them (senior moment!)

For someone not owning RC4, although I did consider buying it for FSX:SE, can we buy the plugin only for X-Plane 10, or will a full FSX copy be required ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As a comment from one who flies both FSX and X-Plane, I have both databases installed in my copy of Plan-G.  You can toggle from one to the other.  What differences there are, are minor.  There are airports in XP that are not in FSX and vice versa, but all the major airports are there, of course, and frequencies are all good except for possible changes in recent years.  In other words, I would expect RC4 to work just fine in XP using FSX data.

Now if I can just find the registration number for RC4 which I haven't used in years .......

Wow, but how will it handle Waypoints? RC4 requires you to pass WP for further instructions.

No worries with that aspect.

RC4 is getting positional data correctly via XPUIPC. Therefore knows when you are approaching assigned departure runway.

Also knows when you are straying from assigned heading, altitude or flying too fast.

can we buy the plugin only for X-Plane 10, or will a full FSX copy be required ?

No, FSX will NOT be required.

Only requirements...

A PC that can run X-Plane 10

A registered copy of Radar Contact V4.3

RC4 will require flight plans in FSX or FS9 format, but you could create those using free software, some offline, others online.

Here is an example of website that can deliver a flight plan in many formats, and for many aircraft

http://onlineflightplanner.org/

Thx FS++.

I have PFPX, so I guess I'm alright :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Champing at the bit for this RC4 plugin.  :Whistle: Any news Gerald?

Champing at the bit for this RC4 plugin.  :Whistle: Any news Gerald?

Just needs a bit more testing. Hopefully released before the end of this month.

Thumbs up to you again, Gerald. Really nice and conclusive support of our hobby across the various platforms. :good:

Wow, but how will it handle Waypoints? RC4 requires you to pass WP for further instructions.

As said before, positional Data is thankfully cared for and provided by XPUIPC.

There are other bits of information XPUIPC doesn't provide though.

For instance RC4 ATIS gets zero for QNH, OAT and Dew point. Only gets the wind direction and speed.

We can of course read weather info from within X-Plane and make it available to RC4 as if XPUIPC did it.

In future, may (I say again "May") even be able to read XPX traffic and make RC4 aware of it. But don't want to start on that yet, as it could push release by another couple of months.

Gerald,

In my opinion, X-plane traffic just isn't enough of a factor to worry about. That's one of those issues that may need to be addressed by a third party developer.

NAX669.png

It's a shame XPUIPC is not enhanced any more. It's great that we have a 64-bit version but it seems to be going nowhere. Perhaps some skilled individual could take over development?

In any case X-Plane REALLY needs RC4 which is still a very good ATC tool.  :wink:

Gerald,

In my opinion, X-plane traffic just isn't enough of a factor to worry about. That's one of those issues that may need to be addressed by a third party developer.

If you don't care about traffic, you will be pleased to hear, the upcoming plugin will give you the option to disable the entire X-plane ATC system. Saves on system resources and prevents interference.

X-Plane native ATC isn't that bad by the way, and we already support it. It's just needs a bit more work and not rely on just 2 voice sets for all transmissions.

Gerald,

It's not that I don't care about AI traffic, from what I've been able to gather, X-plane's AI system takes some doing to get it to work with the proper aircraft for where you are flying. I've also read that it's a resource hog because of the way the program is written to handle it. Austin doesn't feel that it's a priority and is fine the way it is. A lot of us would disagree and it's one the the things that is mentioned when people discuss trying XPX. Regardless, having a working ATC system is also very important. We appreciate your efforts.

NAX669.png