Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

yes baby yeeees, thank you !!!

any chance to add (soon) full support for Jar´s A330 (MCE) ?? 

Cheers !!

You can count on it as a free update coming later.

Hi,

congratulations to the team for creating a professional plugin to get a decent ATC program connected to XP10. I am going to get and test it today. I am the guy who has connected PFE via XPUIPC and Python - it kind of works ok but there are many aspects which are hard to deal with in this combination. I don't have the time and so far not the experience to make a fat plugin - so I am happy to see that someone took care of that. We need decent ATC in X-Plane.

I had a first go at RC4 but my main issue was the multiline display which I could not get XPUIPC to display properly. So here is the solution :)

PFE is actually not that difficult - main issue is the key interactions which is not supported by XPUIPC, so I had to look at the offsets for the key map and associate keys to offsets. Worked most of the time but not always. So I am looking forward to a PFE interface from you guys as well - and if you get them connected to MCEXP like in the MS world - that would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers

Word Not Allowed

Hi,

congratulations to the team for creating a professional plugin to get a decent ATC program connected to XP10. I am going to get and test it today. I am the guy who has connected PFE via XPUIPC and Python - it kind of works ok but there are many aspects which are hard to deal with in this combination. I don't have the time and so far not the experience to make a fat plugin - so I am happy to see that someone took care of that. We need decent ATC in X-Plane.

I had a first go at RC4 but my main issue was the multiline display which I could not get XPUIPC to display properly. So here is the solution :)

PFE is actually not that difficult - main issue is the key interactions which is not supported by XPUIPC, so I had to look at the offsets for the key map and associate keys to offsets. Worked most of the time but not always. So I am looking forward to a PFE interface from you guys as well - and if you get them connected to MCEXP like in the MS world - that would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers

Word Not Allowed

Thank you for the accolade Word Not Allowed.

We do appreciate.

And yes, we intend to do the same with PFE.

Thank you for bringing RCv4 to XP10!

I bought FS++ RC4TOXPLANE and made a little testflight from EDDK to EDDP this week.

RCv4 for XP10 works really fine and is much more responsive/faster than inside FSX. Good job!

If there would only be some scheduled AI traffic inside XP10 that RCv4 could interact with...

One question: the database RCv4 uses seems to be the FSX database. I noticed this during the approach into EDDP: the RCv4 ATC still used the "old" FSX RWY  10/28 (being replaced by 08R/26L which is accurately represented in XP10).

Is there a way to update the RCv4 database to the actual XP10 scenery?

Will be interesting to try MCE in the future with XP10/RCv4!

Thank you for bringing RCv4 to XP10!

I bought FS++ RC4TOXPLANE and made a little testflight from EDDK to EDDP this week.

RCv4 for XP10 works really fine and is much more responsive/faster than inside FSX. Good job!

If there would only be some scheduled AI traffic inside XP10 that RCv4 could interact with...

One question: the database RCv4 uses seems to be the FSX database. I noticed this during the approach into EDDP: the RCv4 ATC still used the "old" FSX RWY  10/28 (being replaced by 08R/26L which is accurately represented in XP10).

Is there a way to update the RCv4 database to the actual XP10 scenery?

Will be interesting to try MCE in the future with XP10/RCv4!

Always nice to hear such feedback..

We are looking at getting the plugin to read XPX traffic and feed it to RC4. We need a better understanding of XPX traffic on X-Plane platform though.

As for data, yes it's possible to edit the files. 

Open "Runways.csv" using Notepad.

You should see

EDDP,0080,51.431236,12.215778,465,85,11786,108.55
EDDP,0100,51.417999,12.209623,465,104,8183,111.90
EDDP,0260,51.433647,12.267490,465,265,11786,108.35
EDDP,0280,51.412064,12.244331,465,284,8183,110.30

The second item in the record is the runway orientation.

0080 means Runway 08  
0081 would mean Rwy 08L (you change 0 to 1 to make it left runway)
0082 would mean Rwy 08R (you change 0 to 2 to make it right runway)

to make runway 10

EDDP,0100,51.417999,12.209623,465,104,8183,111.90

become runway 08R, record should become 

EDDP,0082,51.417999,12.209623,465,104,8183,111.90

Equally, to make runway 28 

EDDP,0280,51.412064,12.244331,465,284,8183,110.30

become 26L

Change line to

EDDP,0261,51.412064,12.244331,465,284,8183,110.30

Obviously, assuming runway 08/26 has become 08R/26L you need to change these

EDDP,0080,51.431236,12.215778,465,85,11786,108.55
EDDP,0260,51.433647,12.267490,465,265,11786,108.35

into

EDDP,0082,51.431236,12.215778,465,85,11786,108.55
EDDP,0261,51.433647,12.267490,465,265,11786,108.35

Hope it makes sense.

Data will be updated as users notify us about discrepancies.

Obviously, assuming runway 08/26 has become 08R/26L you need to change these

Hi and thank you very much for all the detailed infos, explanations and outlooks! :rolleyes:

Just FYI: the "old notherly" EDDP RWY 08/26 was renamed 08L/26R and the "old and short southerly" EDDP RWY 10/28 was replaced by a new 08R/26L. This runway is used mainly by DHL hub operations 24/7 located south of the field.

https://www.google.de/maps/@51.4190047,12.2309985,3821m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=de

Once again: your RCv4 implementation for XP-10 works perfect! BIG THX!  B)

One thing I noticed is that RCv4 for XP10 uses the standard voice sets and not the "MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack" I had installed actually (spoken a bit faster and more equal in loudness, IIRC).

The reason: your program uses my PC path "C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4", which was the original FS9 installation.

My RCv4 for FSX installation path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4x".

The good news: this way my RCv4 key mapping for FSX can remain unchaged and the "XP10 CTRL+SHIFT+..." key mapping is used exclusively inside the "other" installation.

Probably it is a good idea NOT to use the "MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack" for RCv4-XP10 when using it for MCE in the future?

"One word" about AI traffic (and interaction with RCv4) inside XP10:

yesterday I bought "World Traffic" (v1.2.3) for XP10. Since end of February 2015 they (classicjetsims) started launching updated versions in short intervals. A lot of new AI plane sets (WT Packs) were published until the end of this March. So there is a lot of "action" on this field and forum users seem to be very happy with it.

Today I got my registration key file emailed for "World Traffic" and I may quote this sentence out of this email: 

(quote) "The Updates link is where you can download World Traffic updates at any time and there will be many. Look for STAR/custom approaches and departures for the world's airports using Navigraph data, ATC radar, and some other new features as well as lots more planes coming soon in World Traffic 2.0." (quote end)

So there will be a "World Traffic" version 2.0 for XP10 quite soon.

Exciting developments going on in the XP10 world on a broad basis...

B)

And yes, we intend to do the same with PFE.

Gerald,

Am I correct in assuming that it will require a different plugin for PFE?

NAX669.png

So there will be a "World Traffic" version 2.0 for XP10 quite soon.

Exciting developments going on in the XP10 world on a broad basis...

B)

I bought World Traffic a few years back and hardly if/any thing has changed and the author is quick to remind people that his time/resources are extremely limited as WT is done in free time. So I think 2.0 is a pipe dream.

So I think 2.0 is a pipe dream.

Maybe you are right, maybe there will be a WT2.0 soon:

we will see... (I am new to WT, so I still have a lot of optimism) B)

AI traffic would be a great immersion enhancement for MCE+RCv4/PFE etc., because surrounding air/ground traffic must be drawn a huge amount of attention to... :blink: 

The reason: your program uses my PC path "C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4", which was the original FS9 installation.
My RCv4 for FSX installation path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4x".

Thanks for bringing this up.

We have a similar scenario with MCE using RC4. By default MCE looks in the registry fro the first RC4 installation it finds.

When the plugin is updated, will add the option to tell it to ignore registry path and provide the path to the relevant RC4 installation you want to use instead.

It's already known and solved issue, We just forgot to implement it in RC4toXplane plugin

Am I correct in assuming that it will require a different plugin for PFE?

Affirmative. If it's done, it would be something like "PFEtoXplane", a completely separate plugin.

Affirmative. If it's done, it would be something like "PFEtoXplane", a completely separate plugin.

Great. Looking forward to it.

NAX669.png

Maybe you are right, maybe there will be a WT2.0 soon:

we will see... (I am new to WT, so I still have a lot of optimism) B)

AI traffic would be a great immersion enhancement for MCE+RCv4/PFE etc., because surrounding air/ground traffic must be drawn a huge amount of attention to... :blink:

Indeed WT is getting better and better and I've almost finished to build a couple of app to import real schedules from FSX standard and to help creating ground routes taking data from apt.dat file. The new packs by Bluebell will include lot of aircrafts and liveries so I think version 2, with star approach and radar window, will be much more interesting than current version.

Now if RC4 could interact with the AI traffic handled by world traffic that would be amazing for XP10.It would be really great if the two devs could speak about this and any possible mutual support.

Hi, 

I am planning to use Radar Contact with X-plane 10. 

Today I freshly installed Radar Contact. During the installation process RC4 is asking several times for FSX files and folders. I ignored that and just closed the popup windows. I do not have FSX installed!

Question before I buy the plugin: Must FSX be installed to properly use RC4 with X-Plane?

Regards Frank

Now if RC4 could interact with the AI traffic handled by world traffic that would be amazing for XP10.

Last week I have tried World Traffic with Bluebell's new A/Cs (hundreds of up to date planes)  inside XP10.

The A/Cs look at least as good as UT2 (if not even better) and their behaviour in taxiing, take off and landing is the best I have ever seen. Even the UT2 planes use to have this "Lego train" style of AI traffic on the ground...

WT A/Cs are more elegant and are also beauties at night:

FJS_732_TwinJet_18.png?dl=0

FJS_732_TwinJet_19.png?dl=0

FJS_732_TwinJet_29.png?dl=0

FJS_732_TwinJet_32.png?dl=0

Will be interesting to see the improvements coming with WT 2.0. Hopefully FS++ with MCE and RCv4 will be able to communicate with each other and this way would be able to offer a complete offline ATC with voice recognition, ATC from clearance to parking stand and AI traffic influences...