Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Tubeliners w/ best performance & decent depth in P3D V2.x?

Now that I have discovered the lovely FSCaptain I'm back to doing longer hauls w/ a purpose.  I'm spoiled by CoolSky Super MD80 as far as performance:complexity ratio goes, and would like to find something comfortably flyable out of 3rd-party add-on terminals but perhaps only using FTX Global versus FTX regionals.  I use regionals for lower/slower/shorter prop flights only, and just use FTX Global only for long hauls, which is good on both frames and VAS usage.     I also use QW757 which is considerably poorer performing than MD80, and much less complex.   I would be hoping to find another tube liner that is comparable in performance load to QW757, or a little harder would still be tolerable.

Thanks in advance!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321 is absolutely great. Not as complex as some other tubeliners but a lot of fun to fly. And of course the Majestic Q400 is amazing.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321 is absolutely great. Not as complex as some other tubeliners but a lot of fun to fly. And of course the Majestic Q400 is amazing.

Thank you Carlo.   How is the frame rate performance of the Aerosoft Airbus'?

Are the features in the Pro version of Q400 thought to be worth the extra cost? How about the 4x smoother controls?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The performance of the Aerosoft Airbus is very good. I do not own the CoolSky MD80 so I cannot comment on relative performance. Relative to the Majestic it is a little bit heavier on the frames, but I get 30 fps+ even on complex airport with moderate settings (keep in mind, I run P3D on 3 monitors at 5910x1080 with a 4770K @ 4.6GHz and a GTX780).

Concerning the Majestic Pro Edition: From what I read, the most important differences to the Pilot edition are the simulation of failures and the shared cockpit option. Since it hasn't been released yet, I guess we just have to wait and see if it is really worth the extra cost. The Pilot edition is absolutely great. I use it together with FS2Crew to reduce the complexity a bit.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Often overlooked or maligned the Feelthere E Jets V2 ... EMB175 and EMB195 ... work in FS9, FSX and P3D.

They are not frame rate heavy, Airac is supported by Navigraph and NavDataPro, high quality paints are also available through McPhat.  Often available at discounted prices, including right now, I suggest you check them out. Also features a (non-collimated) HUD.

Only real downside - they are not supported in Topcat since Embraer isn't keen on divulging operating spec details apparently.  Oh, I almost forgot, you will either need a magnifying glass or bifocals to read the small manual.

Thanks Gents.  I think I will try Airbus and see if I can adjust to flying Airbus w/ a yoke since I don't want to reconnect an old but hardly used CH Flight Stick Pro or whatever it was called.  I do have the V2 jets from FT but I didn't care for the interior cockpit lighting that I never could get to work correctly.  Plus, the developer kept denying there was an issue despite several users complaining, so I lost interest in them as a company.  They were pretty well done otherwise though I agree.

Noel

I think I will try Airbus and see if I can adjust to flying Airbus w/ a yoke

I also fly the Aerosoft Airbus with a yoke. It is certainly not "as real as it gets" but the Airbus is a joy to hand-fly even with a yoke.

If you have to decide between the A318/A319 or the A320/A321, I would go for the A320/A321 because it performs slightly better and there are much more liveries available.

I'm about to buy the Q400 myself and was wondering if anyone has used it for flights around ORBX NCA?  Are there any OOM issues flying into MRY/TVL in P3D?

Jared is working on RDD for P3D soon!  Also we have FB KSFO coming soon too!

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

If you have to decide between the A318/A319 or the A320/A321, I would go for the A320/A321

Very good Sir, duly noted...

Do we have any heavies yet that perform well?  From what I've read CS777 isn't particular frame rate friendly.

Noel

From what I've read CS777 isn't particular frame rate friendly.

Noel your understanding is absolutely correct.  I followed recommendations in this forum and purchased.  Nicely designed but frame rate hog.  Not pleasurable even with 4770K/970.

Noel if your not put off by not having a native installer or a modern FMS then the Cool Sky DC-9 is an absolute Gem of a short/medium haul airliner and works flawlessly for me in P3d. 

RE Thomason Jr.

Reluctantly took my first step into payware aircraft a couple of weeks ago with the Aerosoft A320/321 and must admit that I don't regret it one bit. Decent performance on my mid-range system and seems a very well thought out transition into a more complex aircraft, particularly with the option of the co-pilot handling a lot of systems for you.

One thing to note though is that it wasn't just the purchase of the aircraft that I had to stump up for - I rapidly found that I needed a decent flight planner (PFPX), and a single cycle of NavDataPro so that both flight planner and aircraft are working from the same database.

Coolsky MD80, EMB175/195....

These will work in P3dV2? Do they have P3d installers or is there a way to install them using their FSX installer? I'm new to P3d and still learning my way around.

Many thanks for any help.

Dave

I'm about to buy the Q400 myself and was wondering if anyone has used it for flights around ORBX NCA?  Are there any OOM issues flying into MRY/TVL in P3D?

I use the Q400 in Orbx NCA regularly and have never had OOM issues.  When combined with FS2Crew it's easily my favorite short haul non-GA aircraft.

Ryan

Reluctantly took my first step into payware aircraft a couple of weeks ago with the Aerosoft A320/321 and must admit that I don't regret it one bit.

Are you using a yoke or stick w/ the Airbus?

Coolsky MD80

Nope, no P3D installer.  I use Estonia Migration Tool and it works well for this plane.

Noel