Sign in to follow this  
crashbar

For those with FPS issues.

When you guys complain about FPS what are your specs?  What texture max load are you running with what add-ons?  Have you taken the time to read on forums and do the few tricks to the fsx.cfg files as recommended in this forum?  I only ask because I run this plane anywhere with REX, ASN, UTX, GEX ect. ect. and get around 60fps in non-add-on airports and city's and 30fps in heavy add-on scenery's.  I"ll bet anything most of you having issues run 4096 max load texture, high road and airline traffic and max settings....with most if not all the add-ons listed above.  If this is the case, then it's not hard to understand that your straining your system.  I run 1024 textures using NVIDIA Inspector and I can guarantee you couldn't tell the difference....except the FPS lol.   If you use NVIDIA Inspector correctly that's what it does, but this is only 1 little small change you can make.  Take a few and read up "tuning FSX" in the AVSIM forums...it's all their and tested.  Hope this helps, Crash.

FWIW, I get crap fps with this bird and only have a max load of 1024 with zero traffic running and just REX as far as major add-ons.  However I do use it primarily in ORBX regions.  I also utilize nvidia inspector but god only knows if I'm using it correctly.