Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FSX-SE sale price as bait...and boy...the hook sets....

I don't know about anybody else...but I have never used STEAM, didn't know much about it...and only delved into it, because of the fab initial price for FSX-SE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well....I have never been a video game player....(if you don't consider FSX/P3D, blah, blah) as a 'video game'...   B)

So, here I am today....having already bought three games on sale through STEAM.  Only one of them has anything to do with Flight Simulation.

What a laugh.....so now I am a video head.....

Welcome to STEAM Culture......  :rolleyes:

STEAM will be really convenient and practical for FSX:SE - no hard copy DVDs to sit and get old and scratched, updates made directly to the code (through STEAM); instead of only 2 updates in 8 years, to the DVD version, all of your STEAM purchased add-ons, held within your FSX purchase, and installed automatically.

Without a doubt, the future for FSX.   :smile:

Im going to be a part time trucker

ZORAN

Right now, I'm flying missions in the F-15C  Strike Eagle, and giving and taking *ell within DCS World, and am having a ball....action is dead smooth on my rig  FPS...what does that mean?!?!?!?!? and in this simulation...who CARES?     ...and what action there is...my...oh...my.....!  :ph34r:

P.S.   Animation and simulation speed.... so smooth, so fast,...so life-like...that Barf Bags should be an option....

F15-C 'banger upper, and as-green-as-grass-n-learnin-the-ropes'  Mitch

P.S.S.  Part time trucker, huh?  I was looking at that, too....looks like fun...let me know how you do.... :P

I spent 6 months studying the full system warthog. Very challenging

ZORAN

191 games in the library, can't recall how many have never been installed. Usually grab them on the sales over the years so not too bad on the pocketbook. 

I thought about it, but then I wonder what would be the point in being a full-time trucker AND a part-time trucker.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

DCS World, and am having a ball

Mitch, the A-10C Warthog is on sale on Steam for $13.99.  It is actually a pretty hardcore simulation aircraft and should appeal to many FSX/P3D/X-plane guys that may think DCS is a little too gamey.  It's really a steal at that price.

Ryan

I know what you mean. I first installed Steam in 2006 when I bought Counter Strike. I think it was Christmas of 2010 or 2011 where I bought 27 games that were on sale and probably only spent about $70.

wallet-steam-stahp.jpeg

a5d5c9e3cf07baf6678481eea729215469922488

57482342.jpg

c3f64982574b9debe1a23f6b9ddfd59130d99151

Samuel Scully

Mitch, the A-10C Warthog is on sale on Steam for $13.99.  It is actually a pretty hardcore simulation aircraft and should appeal to many FSX/P3D/X-plane guys that may think DCS is a little too gamey.  It's really a steal at that price.

I'll check that out.....I saw many of them heading out over the ocean towards the Middle East against Saddam Hussein from Myrtle Beach...waves of them, in fact...a site never to be forgotten!

I know what you mean.

LOL...the pics were great...and really...to the point, LOLOLOLOL!

Steam is cloud with your games it's benefit longterm build smaller shopping centers, and leaves shelf space at home. DVD will go way of dodo bird.

Right now, I'm flying missions in the F-15C  Strike Eagle, and giving and taking *ell within DCS World, and am having a ball....action is dead smooth on my rig  FPS...what does that mean?!?!?!?!? and in this simulation...who CARES?     ...and what action there is...my...oh...my.....!  :ph34r:

P.S.   Animation and simulation speed.... so smooth, so fast,...so life-like...that Barf Bags should be an option....

F15-C 'banger upper, and as-green-as-grass-n-learnin-the-ropes'  Mitch

P.S.S.  Part time trucker, huh?  I was looking at that, too....looks like fun...let me know how you do.... :P

Kinda makes you wonder what FSX could have been if Microsoft continued developing it as a proper sim. That DCS series perfomance is simply stunning. 

DCS 2 is coming soon and looks like they are opening and expanding their world.

DCS World 2

DCS World 2 is the next iteration of the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series that will include a new graphics engine (developed in our Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine development environment). It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it. In addition to the new graphics engine, DCS World 2 will also usher in the ability to have multiple maps integrated into DCS (both developed by Eagle Dynamics and our 3rd party partners). Maps currently in developed include the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), Strait of Hormuz, and Europe 1944. The Map SDK is available to qualified 3rd party development teams. Interested parties can PM me with detailed proposals.

Some features we plan to include in DCS World 2 include:
Direct X 11 support
Improved performance
Dynamic shadowing of the terrain and mountains
Improved weather
Improved lighting
Clipmap support for new maps
Higher object counts
Higher resolution ground terrain mesh and textures for new maps (between 1 and 64 meters per pixel depending on area of map and clipmap level)
More detailed tree models with collision for new maps
Better graphical effects
High resolution road textures for new maps
Ability for road signs and light signals for new maps
Additional ground clutter (rocks, cactuses, etc.) for new maps
Skeleton animation for infantry
Better use of multiple GPUs (CPU multi-threading is not being pursued as it will provide little if any gain)
Ability to create dedicated servers in the future
Unified front end and simulation .exe
Improved API sound support
Improved Oculus Rift support
The Black Sea map will see several benefits of this including better lighting, improved grass, effects and weather.

We hope to release DCS World 2 in early 2015. This is not a promise but simply our best estimate given the current development status as of December 2014. We also cannot promise that each feature listed above will make it into the initial release.

LOL.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM