Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

ASN,Uplink ,wind and Sound Questions

Hi everybody

I have search in this forum and found some info about what i am about to ask but i am hoping for some more inside expertice  B)

I am using ASN over a network and having the brillliant uplink CO route and weather setup quite nicely and everything seems to be working fine but with a side note.

The flightplan from FSX (the wx file created by PMDG777 is not loaded automatically into ASN and also not updated automatically along the route. I can do so manually.by loading the file so the wx file is good (i have enabled auto load flightplan from FSX in ASN) Is this a network issue ?

The next one is regarding the PERF INIT Uplink: The Data for CRZ ALT is always the first INIT ALT in the flightplan created by PFPX (for instance FL320) but my final CRZ ALT could by FL380. The legs page do seem to have all the information so i guess i just leave it at FL320 (sometimes i am also not allowed to change it to higher because of max restrains ,FL326 for instance)

The Stepclimb function in the T7 do work regardless of this and also automatic stebcliimbs so is this correct ? Accepting the PERF INIT Uplink from PFPX/ASN?

Wind: ASN shows me wind in the briefing page for every waypoint. But they always seems to mismatch in terms of FL in the FMC. Can i setup my own wind FL in the RTE DATA as i can on the descent FORECAST page ?

Last one is this old FSX behavior that mute all engine sounds for a while when the inbuild ATC is blaffing. I am using Vpilot and FS2CREW and they do not seem to have this bad influence so what can be wrong here ? I have checked the sound communication and as always it is set to "do nothing" in the windows sound control panel. Also i have set my main speakers in the FSX sound menu as well.

Thanks everyone and a happy new year to all  :rolleyes:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The flightplan from FSX (the wx file created by PMDG777 is not loaded automatically into ASN and also not updated automatically along the route. I can do so manually.by loading the file so the wx file is good (i have enabled auto load flightplan from FSX in ASN) Is this a network issue ?

Have you enabled the option to automatically create it and load it in FSX in PMDG SETUP>  ?

The next one is regarding the PERF INIT Uplink: The Data for CRZ ALT is always the first INIT ALT in the flightplan created by PFPX (for instance FL320) but my final CRZ ALT could by FL380. The legs page do seem to have all the information so i guess i just leave it at FL320 (sometimes i am also not allowed to change it to higher because of max restrains ,FL326 for instance)

PERF INIT page entries are for how things are supposed to start. Don't worry about what cruise altitude you'll end up at. The CRZ ALT on the PERF INIT page is only meant to be the one you're starting with. The FMC knows what to do from there (in fact, part of the reason it knows you'll be stepping up to the latter altitudes is that it knows you're starting at FL320...)

The Stepclimb function in the T7 do work regardless of this and also automatic stebcliimbs so is this correct ? Accepting the PERF INIT Uplink from PFPX/ASN?

This is correct. Again, the PERF INIT page is only the INITIAL cruise altitude that you then step up from later in the flight.

Also, the PERF INIT uplink doesn't come from PFPX or ASN - it comes from the plane itself. In the real world, it would come from an outside source, but not here.

Wind: ASN shows me wind in the briefing page for every waypoint. But they always seems to mismatch in terms of FL in the FMC. Can i setup my own wind FL in the RTE DATA as i can on the descent FORECAST page ?

You can write it in yourself for every waypoint if you want, but there's no real point to it. Just accept the weather uplink. The FMC has enough of an estimate to be okay. Don't get lost in the minutia.

We - in the real world - don't have perfect data of what the wind should be anyway. The data is based off of only a very small sample of wind aloft sites:

fball.gif

Wind data is going to be estimated in between sampled points and altitudes. Estimates aren't exact. No need to get super specific about estimated data anyway.

Last one is this old FSX behavior that mute all engine sounds for a while when the inbuild ATC is blaffing. I am using Vpilot and FS2CREW and they do not seem to have this bad influence so what can be wrong here ? I have checked the sound communication and as always it is set to "do nothing" in the windows sound control panel. Also i have set my main speakers in the FSX sound menu as well.

No idea on this one. I don't know of any setting in FSX that would force it to do that. Perhaps your voice and sound options in the Sound Options pane aren't set to the same source.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks again Kyle all though my knowledge this time has not increased in same pace as your words , (love oy) B)  (my mistake)

hmm , does PERF INIT page takes it different than 737(FS2CREW). ? Thats why FS2CREW never notice CRZ ALT ?

Again happy new year and love

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You're welcome.

does PERF INIT page takes it different than 737(FS2CREW). ?

No. For the 737 and the 777 you always use the initial cruise altitude. From there, it will automatically calculate steps (in the 777), or calculate a step based on a new step altitude provided by you (in the 737).

FS2Crew has nothing to do with that, although it does use the information that you provide there.

Thats why FS2CREW never notice CRZ ALT ?

What are you referring to?

What does FS2Crew need to notice the cruise altitude for? The pressurization panel in the 737? It already recognizes that. For the 777, pressurization is automatically controlled. There's no pressurization panel to set.

Kyle Rodgers