Sign in to follow this  

Driver mis-match ... Texture_Bandwith_Mult ...

Some folks may already know this, but add or change this setting in your Prepar3D.cfg

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160

This works very well for my Titan Black, went from 30 fps to 42 fps with no stutters.  Default value is 30.

I must admit, it was the FSX:SE thread and I think Vic that mentioned this ... so give them (or others) full props.

Cheers, Rob.

Will the increase in FPS equate to smoothness? Its not always the case as I already have high FPS with P3D but it stuttery.

Will try it tomorrow and see how my 2 Titans in SLI behave.

Rob , a little of topic question : since I have set my Titans in SLI my system sometimes need 3 times to boot up.

Each time before switching to the desktop the pc restarts itself 1 or 2 times extra.

Dropbrox shows 2 extra windows instead of just one.

When turning off SLI all issues are gone.

However when running the system is completely stable and P3D is performing great....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Some folks may already know this, but add or change this setting in your Prepar3D.cfg

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=160

This works very well for my Titan Black, went from 30 fps to 42 fps with no stutters.  Default value is 30.

I must admit, it was the FSX:SE thread and I think Vic that mentioned this ... so give them (or others) full props.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I did a search here just yesterday on the TBM settings and almost all replies posted stated that it does nothing. My 1st thought was why did the devs leave it in. 

I will give it a shot.

Bob

I normally discard such claim of "40% FPS increase in P3D" instantly, but I'm amazed that this comes from Rob. Sure I'll give it a try tonight. It'll be unbelievable if this TBM=160 indeed works to jump my fps from 30 to 42!

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I had no significant change between the default of 30 and the 160 entry.  I even monitored GPU usage... and that was literally the same.  Using a "dated" GTX 570 here.

I didn't do any thorough testing... just default mooney on the ramp at a default airport, identical weather, no AI.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just tried it with my 4gig 760 and no change. I had a little hope but now I need to go have a piece of Christmas fudge.

Bob 

Tried it Rob

exactly the same FPS for me.

suppose like all other tweaks it will vary from machine to machine.

steve

Just tried it, and I think there might be some benefit to be had. I don't think its another case of me seeing what I want to see - there does appear to be a genuine rise in FPS.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Thanks for posting this up Rob. I had lost hope with getting P3D 2.4 running on my rig but over the past 3 days I completely re-installed and stepped through each tweak one at a time and I'm happy to say that this tweak has pushed my FPS up to the mid to high 60's from the mid 40's to mid 50's. This is of course, without any weather so if I can maintain a steady mid to high 30's I'll be very excited.

Thanks again and props to Vic and the folks tweaking/playing around with FSX-SE!!

Mike

Very interesting idea.  I actually tried this in FSX to see if anything would happen and I think I got a good bump and no small pauses either.   I guess I will have to fly with it for a while to see if it is real.

Default Scenario

TMB = 80

FSDT Vancouver, ORBX Global, Vector, ASN, PMDG737

Frames in the VC - 22 - 25

Test

TMB = 160

Frames in the VC - 22 - 30 (mostly 28 to 30 but it did dip down a few times when looking around the vc).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Very interesting idea.  I actually tried this in FSX to see if anything would happen and I think I got a good bump and no small pauses either.   I guess I will have to fly with it for a while to see if it is real.

Default Scenario

TMB = 80

Frames in the VC - 22 - 25

Test

TMB = 160

Frames in the VC - 22 - 30 (mostly 28 to 30 but it did dip down a few times when looking around the vc).

No effect in FSX on my system ,same as above but with PNW at gate 54 i am at 30-33fps (Locked 40)

Michael Moe

(remember to switch off shadows with the NGX in FSX ,it gives you a 5-10% boost as well) (DX10 cant handle NGX VC shadows anyway)

Will try P3D

Update: No effect on my system in P3D

i7-4770K@4,7GHZ

GTX780SC 3GB

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Interesting, is this the mysterious FSX steam edition boost trick emulated on P3D?

Going to have to give that a go tomorrow.

I asked about this after the release of 2.0 about the value of 30 and why so low of a default setting. Didn't get a definite answer except that the setting may be depreciated for P3Dv2 and left in there for compatibility. Back then I tried 120 and saw zero impact on my system so reverted it back to the default of 30.

At any rate the way I see it if your GPU is already maxed out you would probably see no benefit from this setting. If your GPU is being artificially held back due to this setting then you may get a benefit from it. As with any other tweak it will affect each persons individual system differently based on their hardware thats why we are seeing different results. 

Edit : My initial thought was that they kept it at a low number because of adding tesselation to the GPU so as to leave a bit of headroom for that to work...