Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

LVFR KSNA John Wayne Bright Ry Lights

I can't register in their forums because the admin "disabled registration" LOL

Anyway - I like the scenery except the horrendous runway edge lights.  It's quite odd actually.  Near them on takeoff etc they are just silly looking.  But on final I can't see them till short short final.

Anyone else experience this?

brightgreenlights.jpg

nolights.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

KSAN isn't much better....  the lights are more round and they are bloomed on final  ( at least you can see them there)

santoobright.jpg

Anyway, back at John Wayne, it's really really weird... I can depart the runway and see the lights fine from the rear, but on final it's like in my pic in the first post... it's like totally opposite of San Diego...

Also I sent LVFR and email... hopefully they'll get back to me.  I don't understand why devs butcher runway lighting...  I understand it can be screwed up with FSX's lighting bugs but runway lights are so important!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

KSAN isn't much better....  the lights are more round and they are bloomed on final  ( at least you can see them there)

Anyway, back at John Wayne, it's really really weird... I can depart the runway and see the lights fine from the rear, but on final it's like in my pic in the first post... it's like totally opposite of San Diego...

Also I sent LVFR and email... hopefully they'll get back to me.  I don't understand why devs butcher runway lighting...  I understand it can be screwed up with FSX's lighting bugs but runway lights are so important!

If you are running Steve's DX 10 Fixer, you will need to put a "Light Field" .bgl in KSNA's scenery folder. The lights disappearing and reappearing is a "Legacy Airport" by product and as LatinVFR states this airport is not DX 10 compatible.

After taking another flight and paying attention to the RWY lights, this is not acceptable and must be corrected. Hopefully LatinVFR agrees, they already agreed to the "Bronze Grass" issue and will address that.

Opened a support ticket with them (couldn't register on the forum either) regarding the night lighting at MHRO (Roatan) in P3D and they acknowledged they were indeed having some issues. Very nice to deal with but I don't know how either of these products made it through beta with such glaring--excuse the pun--issues. Let's hope they get these squared away as their newer offerings have been great...

I don't run DX10.

We'll see what happens.  Does anyone know why they are lime green?  I've never been there in real life but runway edge lights are supposed to be white (yellow and red at the ends)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I also saw this at night at KSNA scenery. I also noticed the same thing in the past during some flights to TJSJ. San Juan (TJSJ) from LatinVFR is a great scenery, but the runway lights on that scenery looks the same at night. Hopefully they can come up with a solution to fix all the runways that appear like this as I find it to be very distracting.

I don't run DX10.

We'll see what happens.  Does anyone know why they are lime green?  I've never been there in real life but runway edge lights are supposed to be white (yellow and red at the ends)

Nope, They're not lime green in real life, You Tube videos display yellowish/orangish not greenish lights (except at the runway edge). I don't understand their color choices sometimes. The bright red night photoreal by Newport Harbor looks ridiculous too. Things like this aren't subjective or artistic, it's just a matter of copying what's there in reality. And I also had the issue with the lights being too dim on final approach, but I'm running DX10. I agree it needs to be fixed. It would be nice for the scenery to be fully compatible with DX10 as well - I don't have the approach lights that strobe through the parking lot. I was kinda looking forward to that.   

I don't run DX10.

Until they fix it, I changed the lights for now. Looking for brighter ones, but these will do for now.

2014-12-29_18-25-45-194.png

Better than this...

2014-12-28_18-46-54-985.png

I haven't heard back from them nor can I access their forums...  lovely

Ugh these lights!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I haven't heard back from them nor can I access their forums...  lovely

Ugh these lights!

LatinVFR is having a sale right now, but I am reluctant to get more with this lack of support in their forums.

I pointed this out regarding KSAN about 2 months ago, was told it "will be fixed in the future" (was told to just change my REX/FTX settings). I'm not really hopefully though, unfortunately. So I've held off on purchasing KSNA because of it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/14004_10102717592444853_615894042584056850_n.jpg?oh=e16fc916f8a026a552f73007f0bd69f7&oe=54D8EC53&__gda__=1424021713_4d8031d322d4a5ba6777cb500654964c

Only airport I have an issue at like this.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I pointed this out regarding KSAN about 2 months ago, was told it "will be fixed in the future" (was told to just change my REX/FTX settings). I'm not really hopefully though, unfortunately. So I've held off on purchasing KSNA because of it.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...777cb500654964c

Only airport I have an issue at like this.

Dear lord, with all the work it took to do the airport, they don't want to fix that?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm downloading it right now, will let you know if it's any better. SimMarket says to remove the old version, but it's not in programs/features. Am I just supposed to delete the scenery entry and folder?