Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Just Flight/CLS 747 HD Flight Model

I just bought the 747 HD from Just Flight for a very good price, $15. I'm pleased with the overall look of the model, the sounds, etc, but the flight model appears to be off. The aircraft is much too responsive. I haven't ever flown a 747, but I know that it shouldn't handle like a Cessna   Has anyone else noticed this? And is there a way to tweak it to make the aircraft feel more 'heavy'?

I don't own it but you can try going into the aircraft.cfg file and under the [flight_tuning] section alter the aileron/elevator and rudder effectiveness parameters. They should already be set as 1.0 unless CLS have it set differently. Reducing each parameter reduces each parameters effectiveness and vice versa.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I'm sorry to say it this way, but the CLS 747 is crap.

I also bought it but i returned it. Indeed, it flies like a Cessna, but not even the engineer's flight deck is complete!

And when you pop the 2d panel, it doesn't even closely look like the one from a 747-100

Another thing: The early 747's with their old engines were known for being not very powerfull.

Yet weeee 45 degree climb rate with 500 knots in the CLS one.

I'm sorry but i think you made the wrong pursache.
But that's just my opinion.

I'm sorry to say it this way, but the CLS 747 is crap.

I also bought it but i returned it. Indeed, it flies like a Cessna, but not even the engineer's flight deck is complete!

And when you pop the 2d panel, it doesn't even closely look like the one from a 747-100

Another thing: The early 747's with their old engines were known for being not very powerfull.

Yet weeee 45 degree climb rate with 500 knots in the CLS one.

I'm sorry but i think you made the wrong pursache.

But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, it does have many things wrong with it, but I personally will not be returning it because it is the only good looking 747 classic out there. I have contacted CLS and told them about the problems with the aircraft, and hopefully they will release some sort of service pack to fix it up. Also, I hope that their upcoming A380 does not have similar problems. 

Yeah, it does have many things wrong with it, but I personally will not be returning it because it is the only good looking 747 classic out there. I have contacted CLS and told them about the problems with the aircraft, and hopefully they will release some sort of service pack to fix it up. Also, I hope that their upcoming A380 does not have similar problems. 

cls is more for the "just go and fly" people

im really more a "from the ramp" guy