Sign in to follow this  
JaimeHorton

annoying FSX control quirks

hi everyone 

im wondering 

is there a way to save a control setting for FSX 

im reinstalling and its annoying to delete all the ones i dont use. and then to top that off. as i delete them, they randomly reassign themselves back. 

ive realized that if i close out and save it does save them eventually 

there has to be a better way ?

Thanks 

JHo

AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls.  Backup the Standard.xml file inside.  

Restore it to get back settings.

Slightly different rules if you are using FSUIPC4 since it saves its own settings.

Ernest Pergrem

AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls.  Backup the Standard.xml file inside.  

Restore it to get back settings.

Slightly different rules if you are using FSUIPC4 since it saves its own settings.

ok i think that is what im looking for 

that way when i reinstall the sim i can replace that file and it will restore all the control settings i had in FSX 

now if i understand you 

your saying that if i run FSUIPC4 there is a separate backup process for that 

that would make sense. 

i really just dont want to delete and reconfigure FSX everytime i reinstal

Thanks for the help 

now if i understand you

your saying that if i run FSUIPC4 there is a separate backup process for that

that would make sense.

i really just dont want to delete and reconfigure FSX everytime i reinstal

Yes. If you have the paid version of FSUIPC then you can calibrate or set your controls using it instead of or in addtion to the FSX controls dialog.

I typically use FSUIPC4 for my control axis and the FSX dialog for buttons.  Others might do it differently.

The FSUIPC4 .ini file, is stored the Modules folder, which is in the same directory as the FSX.EXE file.

Ernest Pergrem

i have the paid version, i typically set up everything to run thru FSUIPC. however i leave the throttles on the FSX control settings for the PMDG. as we all know the pmdg throttles dont play well with FSUIPC.

unless im missing something 

so in short 

if i save my fsx control xml

and save the .Ini file from FSUIPC 

then if have to re install my system i can replace those files and have my control scheme back 

thanks for the help fellas 

JHo

then if have to re install my system i can replace those files and have my control scheme back

Even better Fsuipc allows different profiles for each aircraft which are automatically loaded when you change aircraft

Looking into Fsuipc. Until then I have seperate "Standard.xml" files for different aircraft. Have to be careful when setting up new controls however. If I make a lot of changes to controls setting w/n FSX it seems to CTD so I make a handful of changes, exit to dsk top, reload FSX and then make the rest.

I save my 'new' Standard file with the aircraft name added to it in a different location. Have to copy it back to its proper place and rename it back to "Standard.xml" to use it.

How does Fsuipc work with FSX? Does is it know which aircraft control settings one want to use at any particular time. Does it auto-find the right file when you select a particular aircraft w/n FSX?

Carl

=======

its a shame FSUIPC does not have an export feature to export control profiles

or does it ???

Why would it need one ? Everything is in the FSuipc.ini file, just save that.

Why would it need one ? Everything is in the FSuipc.ini file, just save that.

so if i save that file i can replace the same file on a new install and all my control profiles will be there ?

where is this file saved ?

Thanks for the info 

JHo

Everything you need to back up with Fsuipc is in the /Modules folder, just keep that folder safe and you are good to go.

Apart from being a stellar programmer, Peter dowson provides some of the best written documentation you will ever come across, worth several reads through to fully understand what a great tool Fsuipc is.

Everything you need to back up with Fsuipc is in the /Modules folder, just keep that folder safe and you are good to go.

Apart from being a stellar programmer, Peter dowson provides some of the best written documentation you will ever come across, worth several reads through to fully understand what a great tool Fsuipc is.

ill have a read thru the manual again 

Thanks so much for the input 

JHo