Sign in to follow this  
torque2

PMDG abandoned FS9?

I just came from the PMDG website where I wanted to review a possible purchase for FS9, only to find all their FS9 products have disappeared!  No sign of them under 'Products' nor in their online shop.  I hope this is a temporary aberation and not that they have stopped selling all FS9 versions of their products!

David (CYXE)

David, CYXE

http://www.amazon.com/PMDG-737-600-700-800-900/dp/B0043M64MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419888339&sr=8-2&keywords=pmdg+737

is the Aerosoft complete package of the four models sold by a third party via amazon for US $37.81 with shipping. It has UK in the title but I do not think that is relative. Stock is 7 left.

I have all four models (back in the day when you had to buy the two sets). The Aerosoft set comes with registration codes. You can also register the product with Aerosoft for any needed service packs and product support

I also suggest you look at Mike Ray's book on glass cockpit Boeings. It really made the FMC training easier and also goes into various flight situations such as icing capacity, etc. This is a PC Sim training manual.

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Boeing-700-Flight-Simulators/dp/1453860819/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1419888339&sr=8-15&keywords=pmdg+737

I have the earlier version:

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Boeing-700-Flight-Simulators/dp/1453860819/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1419888339&sr=8-15&keywords=pmdg+737

These cover the 700 glass cockpits so your covered for the 767 and 747.

Systems are not extensively covered but the documentation with the Aerosoft CD covers those. These Mike Ray manuals can really shorten the learning curve compared to using the Aerosoft-PMDG included documentation.

There are now by Mike 737NG manuals in the PC sim series but if you ever intend to get other models like the 767 and 747, the books I mentioned might be of better value.

There is also the user support forum here on AVSIM.

Not too much in the pmdg fs9 product range apart from the 747 that is worthy of purchase anyway.

The MD-11 is excellent. The 737-600-900 series, although dated is still very comprehensive with a fully functioning FMC and aircraft systems.

Peter Schluter

For FS9, I think the following products are best. (From someone who no longer uses FS9, but knows people who do)

1. PMDG MD11
  2. iFly 737NG
  3. Project Tupolev Tu154M with KLN90B (free! and possibly more detailed than the aircraft below - Harder to install/use/fly though.)
  4. PMDG 747-400
  5. Level D 767

I don't have an opinion on Turboprops or GA however.

For FS9, I think the following products are best. (From someone who no longer uses FS9, but knows people who do)

1. PMDG MD11
  2. iFly 737NG
  3. Project Tupolev Tu154M with KLN90B (free! and possibly more detailed than the aircraft below - Harder to install/use/fly though.)
  4. PMDG 747-400
  5. Level D 767

I don't have an opinion on Turboprops or GA however.

I would add:

Dreamfleet 727  (Flight1)

TinMouse 737-200 (freeware)

RFP 747-200  (freeware)

ATR 72-500 (Flight1)

SSTSIM Concorde (Flight1)

Yes sorry, I forgot about the MD-11 which I strangely don't have. One I need to get but if the products aren't available, that's a little disappointing. At least offer some good discounts like Carenado did.

I would hope that after a certain amount of time PMDG would offer the discontinued line as freeware.

I have the 737-800/900 ; 747-400 + Freighter and the MD-11. All excellent in my view.

Peter Schluter

Difficult decision for them.  Make it freeware and great publicity for them, but anyone who bought within last year going to be p-ed off.

There is also the intellectual property rights issue.  Once you give something away for free , you lose control over those rights Their lawyer's will probably take the expedient route and suggest the products are just removed from sale and never see the light of day.

Sad, but a reflection of the world we live in.

Peter Schluter

Isn't the only products missing the FS9 737 (-800/900 and -600/700) and the Beechcraft B1900?

Everything else for FS9 (747 & MD11) is on sale still, and the 737 has a good replacement in iFly.

I'm guessing Carenardo's B1900 is FSX only though.

PMDG MD11
iFly 737NG
Project Tupolev Tu154M with KLN90B (free! and possibly more detailed than the aircraft below - Harder to install/use/fly though.)
PMDG 747-400
Level D 767

What a shame nobody mentioned Leonardo's Maddog, arguably the 'big daddy' of them all.

Perhaps they're making space on their servers for a new fsx/p3d add-on.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 777, 737NGX and their 747V2 Jon.  B)

What a shame nobody mentioned Leonardo's Maddog, arguably the 'big daddy' of them all.

Holy... how could I forget that!

2 pilots in 1 plane, on vatsim, Skype for communications with your other pilot, FSinn for communications with ATC.

Either pilot can be in FS9 or FSX, doesn't matter (Except scenery alignment at gates/taxiways etc)

Set up Skype's "Push to talk" button backwards so it becomes a "Push to mute" button.

Use the same key for FSinn's Push to Talk. and now you have the best fun you can have while connected to VATSIM in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI1cAML00eU